By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 in stock @amazon.com all day. Titanfall to blame?!? UPDATE: Mother Fudge it...

Titanfall to blame?

Yes 208 45.71%

Probably 243 53.41%

Total:451

it seems like only Titanfall and the bundle are actually selling on amazon: Titanfall currently at number 2 and the bundle at number 11.
But the Xbox One by itself all the way to 76. I wonder is MS is going to be able to sell Xbox One without adding a free game when the Titanfall Bundle will be over

Around the Network

Now the shipments seem to coming in quicker now, I wonder how long stores stop with these BS bundles. (Walmart Family Bundle $635 WTF!!)

i'm such a tool.

kitler53 said:

i'm such a tool.

You didn't actually purchase by accident, did you?

sully1311 said:
kitler53 said:

i'm such a tool.

lol, that would be one hell of an accident.   no, i've always said (since before wiiU launched) i'd wait for march 2014 to make my purchase decision.  not that i didn't have a preference for playstation but last gen i bough a wii, 360, and then a ps3.   soo much wasted money to see 2 of those system just collect dust.

nope, this gen i'm only buying 1 system.  had playstation been on it's deathbed (a valid concern 1.5 years ago) i would have switched to, probably, xbox.  but things as they are, i'll hopefully get this just in time for infamous.

Around the Network

Why the hell'd you do a damn fool thing like that?

riecsou said:
it seems like only Titanfall and the bundle are actually selling on amazon: Titanfall currently at number 2 and the bundle at number 11.
But the Xbox One by itself all the way to 76. I wonder is MS is going to be able to sell Xbox One without adding a free game when the Titanfall Bundle will be over

The game at number 2 is fairly unimportant in the context of this thread (i.e. killing PS4) given it's selling to existing Xb one owners. What's important is the position of the TF bundle in relation to PS4. AFAIK TF bundle has never been ahead of PS4 except when PS4 was out of stock. It's back in stock now and PS4 is 9 while TF bundle is 10.

Either Amazon is its own little ecosystem where a lot of Sony fans shop and not many Xbox fans shop which is not representative of the country as a whole, or TF is largely selling to existing Xb one owners and the boost of the TF bundle is only moderate and that is a country-wide pattern. The thing about Amazon is the trending is a reflection of nation-wide demand, on Amazon only of course, whereas other individual retailer (or neighbourhood or city) information members post here is very localised information.

I wonder how VGC estimates Amazon sales (does it have an inside person?), and damn I'd like to know what Amazon's general market share is for games and hardware. 1%, 10%, 20%?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

kitler53 said:
sully1311 said:
kitler53 said:

i'm such a tool.

lol, that would be one hell of an accident.   no, i've always said (since before wiiU launched) i'd wait for march 2014 to make my purchase decision.  not that i didn't have a preference for playstation but last gen i bough a wii, 360, and then a ps3.   soo much wasted money to see 2 of those system just collect dust.

nope, this gen i'm only buying 1 system.  had playstation been on it's deathbed (a valid concern 1.5 years ago) i would have switched to, probably, xbox.  but things as they are, i'll hopefully get this just in time for infamous.

I'm buying the inFamous bundle, it gets me inFamous for almost half price. The shit thing is though that I miss out on Cole's legacy mission, but the saving basically means I can buy Tomb Raider definitive edition and so have 2 games for almost the price of PS4 + inFamous Special edition. So sacrificing Cole's legacy is a financially smart thing to do. I'll be getting a 2nd controller and the Eye as well. Might even buy Just Dance so that we actually have a game on PS4 that uses Move.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:

Either Amazon is its own little ecosystem where a lot of Sony fans shop and not many Xbox fans shop which is not representative of the country as a whole

This is the most likely explanation because Amazon is on the internet, and it is a well established fact by now that the internet is Sony biased.

badgenome said:
Why the hell'd you do a damn fool thing like that?

How can one resist the allure of Knack?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!