By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 in stock @amazon.com all day. Titanfall to blame?!? UPDATE: Mother Fudge it...

Titanfall to blame?

Yes 208 45.71%

Probably 243 53.41%

Total:451
ethomaz said:
In stock on March 18, 2014

Well less than 8 days for the new batch

cant even see that now

Around the Network

Clearly supply still has a ways to go to catch up with demand.

I think Amazon had more units allocated last week than all of Canada has gotten since launch. The two Best Buy's I went to were very disheartening. One had received 10 units since November, the other had received 3 (!?!). And I live just outside of Toronto, which should be pretty high up on the shipment list.

It's all about the game.

So, the best case scenario Amazon sold 20k units last week.

Interesting, I wonder why is so difficult to sustain that volume when in December it sold much more than that in a single day, and no forgeting the 1mi launch day.

Dark_Feanor said:

Interesting, I wonder why is so difficult to sustain that volume when in December it sold much more than that in a single day, and no forgeting the 1mi launch day.

November/December sales = August, September, November and December production
January = December (late) and January production
February = January (late) and February production
March = February (late) and March production

You had four moths to supply half November plus December... while January, February and March you had just one month.

Dark_Feanor said:

Amazon is just a single store. Plus Gamestop and best buy make up the majority of sales.

20k seems to be really good for Amazon.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
Dark_Feanor said:

Amazon is just a single store. Plus Gamestop and best buy make up the majority of sales.

But BB and GS had no online stock for the last 2 or 3 weeks.

So, most of PS4 sales have been in physical retail?

And, will this Amazon stock bump PS4 weekly sales by 20k ?

Any way, if there was a realy huge demand this stock wouldn´t have lasted that long.

Dark_Feanor said:
JoeTheBro said:
Dark_Feanor said:

Any way, if there was a realy huge demand this stock wouldn´t have lasted that long.

It was selling at a similar rate to the last few times it came in stock.

Dark_Feanor said:
JoeTheBro said:
Dark_Feanor said:

How do you know?  You have no idea how big the shipment is.  It was number 1 in the updated every hour best sellers list every single hour for 5 days.  No other console has been number 1 this year other than PS4, Titanfall bundle has only recently managed to get in the top 10 for example.  Demand is still very high in some areas

celador said:
Dark_Feanor said:
JoeTheBro said:
Dark_Feanor said:

How do you know?  You have no idea how big the shipment is.  It was number 1 in the updated every hour best sellers list every single hour for 5 days.  No other console has been number 1 this year other than PS4, Titanfall bundle has only recently managed to get in the top 10 for example.  Demand is still very high in some areas

The last day traking showed a top of 120-100 consoles sold per hour, then at night it slowed to 40-50, this batch lasted 5 and a half days, I assumed that the first days the sales were higher than yesterday.

Do the math.

I think some over estimate how fast people are aware that PS4s are available somewhere. Friend of mine bought one of these Amazon PS4s because I told him yesterday about it. He had just assumed everywhere was out because he does not see them in store. Once he knew went straight to his computer and bought one.