Forums - Sales Discussion - I Believe Xbox One Needs A Mininum $150 Pricecut To Be Competitive Again (I Eat That Crow)

I believe it already IS competitive.

Considering it still isn't out in several European countries, and that they aren't counting on it selling AT ALL in Japan, it's doing pretty good.

It's on track to outpace the Wii U by Christmas, and on track to earn a lot of money in the US with the services it is offering.

I see very little reason why Microsoft would take an extra 100-200 dollar hit on each unit sold at this point.



Around the Network

Initial price point misshaps are hard to come back from. We have seen this with 3DS, Wii U, and even PS3 I believe.

It will take games to do the trick, not pricing.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Podings said:
I believe it already IS competitive.

Considering it still isn't out in several European countries, and that they aren't counting on it selling AT ALL in Japan, it's doing pretty good.

It's on track to outpace the Wii U by Christmas, and on track to earn a lot of money in the US with the services it is offering.

I see very little reason why Microsoft would take an extra 100-200 dollar hit on each unit sold at this point.

If losing its biggest market is to be competitive then I don't know what is to be competitive... Xbone is just racing right now like some guys do just to participate in a race... like Wii U.

And I can bet with you Xbone won't outsell Wii U this year.

Edit - Just to be clear there are a little difference between "compete" and "to be competitive"... the first is just participate but the second is to be strong enough to be into the favorites to win.



spurgeonryan said:
Initial price point misshaps are hard to come back from. We have seen this with 3DS, Wii U, and even PS3 I believe.

It will take games to do the trick, not pricing.

Me too but games, deals and better value are not working.

Price cut us needed.



ethomaz said:

If losing its biggest market is to be competitive then I don't know what is to be competitive... Xbone is just racing right now like some guys do just to participate in a race... like Wii U.

And I can bet with you Xbone won't outsell Wii U this year.


I bet with you. I´m tired of losing good oportunities like the 3 to 1 ratio, the 1mi week one in Japan, or the 3mi/500k gap this March.

The Xone will pass the Wii U no later than Octuber 2014.

Give us what you are willing to bet.



Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
ethomaz said:

If losing its biggest market is to be competitive then I don't know what is to be competitive... Xbone is just racing right now like some guys do just to participate in a race... like Wii U.

And I can bet with you Xbone won't outsell Wii U this year.


I bet with you. I´m tired of losing good oportunities like the 3 to 1 ratio, the 1mi week one in Japan, or the 3mi/500k gap this March.

The Xone will pass the Wii U no later than Octuber 2014.

Give us what you are willing to bet.

If I lost I will buy a Xbone for me and if you lost you will buy a PS4 for you.

That way you will see the difference between the two machines and stop the fud

2 million gap in a year... it will be fun to win.



I'm glad you shared that pearl with us ethomaz. Can't understand why people who clearly favour the other brand are concerned with the price of an Xbox.



ethomaz said:
Dark_Feanor said:
ethomaz said:

If losing its biggest market is to be competitive then I don't know what is to be competitive... Xbone is just racing right now like some guys do just to participate in a race... like Wii U.

And I can bet with you Xbone won't outsell Wii U this year.


I bet with you. I´m tired of losing good oportunities like the 3 to 1 ratio, the 1mi week one in Japan, or the 3mi/500k gap this March.

The Xone will pass the Wii U no later than Octuber 2014.

Give us what you are willing to bet.

If I lost I will buy a Xbone for me and if you lost you will buy a PS4 for you.

That way you will see the difference between the two machines and stop the fud

2 million gap in a year... it will be fun to win.


Done, I would buy at the Brazilian price tag.



I think dropping Kinect and putting a game like Titanfall in the box at 400$ would help a good bit. The issue is if Sony puts a game like Killzone in the box it will destroy the One again.



Podings said:
I believe it already IS competitive.

Considering it still isn't out in several European countries, and that they aren't counting on it selling AT ALL in Japan, it's doing pretty good.

It's on track to outpace the Wii U by Christmas, and on track to earn a lot of money in the US with the services it is offering.

I see very little reason why Microsoft would take an extra 100-200 dollar hit on each unit sold at this point.

The countries it is not officially out in are 99% irrelevant. But I do agree with you that the One is doing pretty well