By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Believe Xbox One Needs A Mininum $150 Pricecut To Be Competitive Again (I Eat That Crow)

$399 with a game would make it competitive and I hope that happens closer to the holiday.

If MS wants to be a serious competitor, $299 console without Kinect and a game.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

They need to be priced the same. Not this more expensive but hey we give you a game type stuff.

All they need to do is match the same price and the easiest way to do that would be to remove the Kinect. Many casuals wouldn't know that the PS4 is more powerful than the X1, but they would be able to see that it is the same price and then at that point the decision becomes more about personal preference.

Personally, I don't think MS should just lob off cost to drive sales. I think they should try and do more to make the Xbox One worth the price they're asking. But maybe that's just me.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Same price won't help guys.

They definitively needs to be cheaper.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Personally, I don't think MS should just lob off cost to drive sales. I think they should try and do more to make the Xbox One worth the price they're asking. But maybe that's just me.

They tried with TF bundle but didn't help... TF bundles at $450 was better value than PS4.

ethomaz said:
Normchacho said:

They tried with TF bundle but didn't help... TF bundles at $450 was better value than PS4.

Value and cheaper are different things tho.

Value is very subjective, if it was the same price with a game i think it would be a lot closer in the US. 

I think for alot of people better multiplats is still more valuable than kinect, so $450 with a game is not necesarily better value.

A weaker hardware with a higher price is an impeding factor. So a price reduction would definitely work in Xbone's favor. The early that cut is the better it can perform in US and UK to reduce the gap.

Its at 4m+ less than 6 months after launch, sounds pretty competitive to me.

P.s. in an Olympic race everyone that takes part is a competitor regardless of how likely they are to win, know why? Because nothing can be fully predicted, there's always a chance any one of those taking part can win.

Thus, the notion of having to be hot on the heels of first place to be considered competitive is drastically overblown

What do you mean by "competitive"?

Looking the USA numbers where the price relation and sales are well know the sales delta is less than 20%.

If we count the March NPD with the TF bundle, which is arguable $60 price cut, the difference was 15%.

So, just matching the prices would be enouth to bump XOne sales by a large margin, $150 price drop would be insane, I don´t even think Microsoft would have enougth supply for the hollydays quarter.