By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Believe Xbox One Needs A Mininum $150 Pricecut To Be Competitive Again (I Eat That Crow)

They made a very huge mistake, a mistake that won't be forgotten anytime soon whatever they do. And the longer is the race against the ps4, more 1st party exclusives will come to ps4 because Sony owns more and better 1st party studios (specially Naughty Dog).

And Halo the biggest system seller the Xbox has, won't be ever the same without Bungie.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Normchacho said:
Personally, I don't think MS should just lob off cost to drive sales. I think they should try and do more to make the Xbox One worth the price they're asking. But maybe that's just me.

They tried with TF bundle but didn't help... TF bundles at $450 was better value than PS4.

January was a 2 to 1 victory for the PS4... February and March PS4 manage only 100k unitys more, and we are still way from your 500k gap.

So, how it didn´t help?

PS: TF bundles, and regular ones, were $500 at 99% of the time and retailers.

Dark_Feanor said:
ethomaz said:
Normchacho said:
Personally, I don't think MS should just lob off cost to drive sales. I think they should try and do more to make the Xbox One worth the price they're asking. But maybe that's just me.

They tried with TF bundle but didn't help... TF bundles at $450 was better value than PS4.

January was a 2 to 1 victory for the PS4... February and March PS4 manage only 100k unitys more, and we are still way from your 500k gap.

So, how it didn´t help?

PS: TF bundles, and regular ones, were $500 at 99% of the time and retailers.

The gap is already 500k... 3m vs 2.5m in US.

Dark_Feanor said:
What do you mean by "competitive"?

Looking the USA numbers where the price relation and sales are well know the sales delta is less than 20%.

If we count the March NPD with the TF bundle, which is arguable $60 price cut, the difference was 15%.

So, just matching the prices would be enouth to bump XOne sales by a large margin, $150 price drop would be insane, I don´t even think Microsoft would have enougth supply for the hollydays quarter.

Last part made me laugh like always... thanks.

I believe it already IS competitive.

Considering it still isn't out in several European countries, and that they aren't counting on it selling AT ALL in Japan, it's doing pretty good.

It's on track to outpace the Wii U by Christmas, and on track to earn a lot of money in the US with the services it is offering.

I see very little reason why Microsoft would take an extra 100-200 dollar hit on each unit sold at this point.

Around the Network
Podings said:
I believe it already IS competitive.

Considering it still isn't out in several European countries, and that they aren't counting on it selling AT ALL in Japan, it's doing pretty good.

It's on track to outpace the Wii U by Christmas, and on track to earn a lot of money in the US with the services it is offering.

I see very little reason why Microsoft would take an extra 100-200 dollar hit on each unit sold at this point.

If losing its biggest market is to be competitive then I don't know what is to be competitive... Xbone is just racing right now like some guys do just to participate in a race... like Wii U.

And I can bet with you Xbone won't outsell Wii U this year.

Edit - Just to be clear there are a little difference between "compete" and "to be competitive"... the first is just participate but the second is to be strong enough to be into the favorites to win.

spurgeonryan said:
Initial price point misshaps are hard to come back from. We have seen this with 3DS, Wii U, and even PS3 I believe.

It will take games to do the trick, not pricing.

Me too but games, deals and better value are not working.

Price cut us needed.

ethomaz said:

If losing its biggest market is to be competitive then I don't know what is to be competitive... Xbone is just racing right now like some guys do just to participate in a race... like Wii U.

I bet with you. I´m tired of losing good oportunities like the 3 to 1 ratio, the 1mi week one in Japan, or the 3mi/500k gap this March.

The Xone will pass the Wii U no later than Octuber 2014.

Give us what you are willing to bet.

Dark_Feanor said:
ethomaz said:

I bet with you. I´m tired of losing good oportunities like the 3 to 1 ratio, the 1mi week one in Japan, or the 3mi/500k gap this March.

The Xone will pass the Wii U no later than Octuber 2014.

Give us what you are willing to bet.

If I lost I will buy a Xbone for me and if you lost you will buy a PS4 for you.

That way you will see the difference between the two machines and stop the fud

2 million gap in a year... it will be fun to win.

I'm glad you shared that pearl with us ethomaz. Can't understand why people who clearly favour the other brand are concerned with the price of an Xbox.