Forums - Sales Discussion - I Believe Xbox One Needs A Mininum $150 Pricecut To Be Competitive Again (I Eat That Crow)

Same price won't help guys.

They definitively needs to be cheaper.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Personally, I don't think MS should just lob off cost to drive sales. I think they should try and do more to make the Xbox One worth the price they're asking. But maybe that's just me.

They tried with TF bundle but didn't help... TF bundles at $450 was better value than PS4.

ethomaz said:
Normchacho said:
Personally, I don't think MS should just lob off cost to drive sales. I think they should try and do more to make the Xbox One worth the price they're asking. But maybe that's just me.

They tried with TF bundle but didn't help... TF bundles at $450 was better value than PS4.

Value and cheaper are different things tho.

Value is very subjective, if it was the same price with a game i think it would be a lot closer in the US. 

I think for alot of people better multiplats is still more valuable than kinect, so $450 with a game is not necesarily better value.

A weaker hardware with a higher price is an impeding factor. So a price reduction would definitely work in Xbone's favor. The early that cut is the better it can perform in US and UK to reduce the gap.

Its at 4m+ less than 6 months after launch, sounds pretty competitive to me.

P.s. in an Olympic race everyone that takes part is a competitor regardless of how likely they are to win, know why? Because nothing can be fully predicted, there's always a chance any one of those taking part can win.

Thus, the notion of having to be hot on the heels of first place to be considered competitive is drastically overblown

Around the Network

What do you mean by "competitive"?

Looking the USA numbers where the price relation and sales are well know the sales delta is less than 20%.

If we count the March NPD with the TF bundle, which is arguable $60 price cut, the difference was 15%.

So, just matching the prices would be enouth to bump XOne sales by a large margin, $150 price drop would be insane, I don´t even think Microsoft would have enougth supply for the hollydays quarter.

They made a very huge mistake, a mistake that won't be forgotten anytime soon whatever they do. And the longer is the race against the ps4, more 1st party exclusives will come to ps4 because Sony owns more and better 1st party studios (specially Naughty Dog).

And Halo the biggest system seller the Xbox has, won't be ever the same without Bungie.

ethomaz said:
Normchacho said:

January was a 2 to 1 victory for the PS4... February and March PS4 manage only 100k unitys more, and we are still way from your 500k gap.

So, how it didn´t help?

PS: TF bundles, and regular ones, were $500 at 99% of the time and retailers.

Dark_Feanor said:
ethomaz said:
Normchacho said:

January was a 2 to 1 victory for the PS4... February and March PS4 manage only 100k unitys more, and we are still way from your 500k gap.

So, how it didn´t help?

PS: TF bundles, and regular ones, were $500 at 99% of the time and retailers.

The gap is already 500k... 3m vs 2.5m in US.

Dark_Feanor said:
What do you mean by "competitive"?

Looking the USA numbers where the price relation and sales are well know the sales delta is less than 20%.

If we count the March NPD with the TF bundle, which is arguable $60 price cut, the difference was 15%.

So, just matching the prices would be enouth to bump XOne sales by a large margin, $150 price drop would be insane, I don´t even think Microsoft would have enougth supply for the hollydays quarter.

Last part made me laugh like always... thanks.