By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Believe Xbox One Needs A Mininum $150 Pricecut To Be Competitive Again (I Eat That Crow)

rolltide101x said:

How are games priced? Just curious

For half off I would probably go with the Xbox One to be honest. lol.

Full launch prices.

PC Games: R$99 (it was over R$200 years ago)
Console Games: R$169 (it was over R$250 years ago)

Edit - Digital has the same price at PS Store Brazil... I have a PS Store US so I pay less because you pay only one the tax (IOF) with international credit card.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

rolltide101x said:

How are games priced? Just curious

For half off I would probably go with the Xbox One to be honest. lol.

Full launch prices.

PC Games: R$99 (it was over R$200 years ago)
Console Games: R$169 (it was over R$250 years ago)

Edit - Digital has the same price at PS Store Brazil... I have a PS Store US so I pay less because you pay only one the tax (IOF) with international credit card.

That is smart lol. Thanks.

Bundle $499 this holiday with Kinect Sports and some other game.
Kinectless Xbox at $350 with Forza 5
$299 kinectless/discdriveless Xbox 1 standalone.

My personal hopes and predictions. Multiple skus were a great idea last gen, appeal to the higher and lower income gamers.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Uabit said:

They made a very huge mistake, a mistake that won't be forgotten anytime soon whatever they do. And the longer is the race against the ps4, more 1st party exclusives will come to ps4 because Sony owns more and better 1st party studios (specially Naughty Dog).

And Halo the biggest system seller the Xbox has, won't be ever the same without Bungie.

Ya, itll be better. They allready nailed the campaign and lore after Bungie butchered the lore with halo Reach. They also heard all MP critiques and will improve from that as well.

"They made a very huge mistake, a mistake that won't be forgotten anytime soon whatever they do".

Curious about this.......because its like their past offenses were A-OK. Cutting origional Xbox support after 4 years, RROD, Kinect/family gaming push.lol all forgivable offenses, but E3 2013 WILL BE REMEMBERED FOR ALL TIME! lol please......

Its like gamers that just don't own a XBox and like to irrationally hate on them make up this excuse to seem righteous online when their real emotions are just as petty as the next persons.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

lucidium said:
Its at 4m+ less than 6 months after launch, sounds pretty competitive to me.

P.s. in an Olympic race everyone that takes part is a competitor regardless of how likely they are to win, know why? Because nothing can be fully predicted, there's always a chance any one of those taking part can win.

Thus, the notion of having to be hot on the heels of first place to be considered competitive is drastically overblown

lol yahh have you even seen a guy get lapped in that race to come back to win, i sure as hell have not.

2014 sales
PS4 2.5 million
X1 1.1Mill

PS4 already lapped the X1, now its a few months away from doing it again aka trippling its sales this year. 

How competative is X1 doing 1/3rd of its rivals sales ???

X1 strong holiday launch is hiding how bad its doing now.   Not that it will hide it for long, PS4 is nearing double its sales overall.

Around the Network

Shadow1980 said:

Meh. I had mixed feelings about Halo 4, including the story (Warning: that review is very long). Sure, Bungie pretty much threw out the first two thirds of The Fall of Reach. Since Joe Staten was busy working on Destiny at the time, Bungie hired some nobody with little professional writing experience. Of course, even if it wasn't initially the plan to toss out most of TFoR, they signed off on it. But 343I wasn't much better. Contact Harvest, written by Staten himself, got as close as you could get to explicitly saying that humans and Forerunners are the same species, as if there weren't a ton of hints already suggesting this. However, 343I decided to go ahead of make humans and Forerunners separate species. In addition, the art department retconned the physiology of the Grunts and Jackals as well as the design of the Forward Unto Dawn. Those were visual retcons, not story retcons, but retcons are retcons. In any case, assessing each game in a vacuum, I felt Halo 4 had the weakest writing in the series. Reach actually works well if you treat it as an alternative universe story.

Of course, story isn't the only thing or even the most important thing in a game. Gameplay is always more important to me, and in that regard Halo 4 also had a ton of stuff working against it and in many ways was a step down from Reach, which was perhaps the best-playing Halo game since Halo 1. I could spend the next half-hour listing things I didn't care for in Halo 4 that I mentioned in my review of the game. You could read the review in the link above or a condensed version of changes I'd like to see in Halo 5 here.

Good reviews... fits my view of Halo 4 too... not just that because the MP is the worst in the franchise.

My analyst yet hold true.

$100 price cut is not enough... the situation didn't change a bit... it is a minimum $350 price point with Kinect to be competitive.

ethomaz said:
My analyst yet hold true.

$100 price cut is not enough... the situation didn't change a bit... it is a minimum $350 price point with Kinect to be competitive.

The Kinectless  Madden / SO bundle is basically a $350 pricepoint for the console. However, the EA access program may cause some buyers to hold off for yet another bundle like the SO one.

And here's the big problem with the X1, potential buyers always have a reason to delay their purchase.

Didn't like the launch version? Wait for Titanfall bundle that'll come

Titanfall bundle still to pricey for you? Don't worry, Kinectless X1 incoming

Not sure about a Kinectless X1? How about one with Madden bundled?

Don't like the Kinectless Madden bundle? Get the Sunset Overdrive bundle!

Oh wait you're not convinced on Sunset Overdrive?  <<insert new scheme>>

<<scheme fail>> / <<insert new scheme>>

Repeat.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

it still is. ist just dont sell the same like the ps4

if u talk about selling the same as ps4, the xbone Need to be 100 bucks cheaper

Well... what do you think guys? 6 months after the prediction yet holds true?