By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why is a $569 PS4 InFamous SS Bundle outselling the system seller $499 Xbox One Titanfall Bundle?

?

Have you seen...InFamous? 147 20.76%

PS+(online+free games) 20 2.82%

Two controllers... Longer Battery 9 1.27%

DAT PS4 DEMAND! 189 26.69%

All of the above 246 34.75%

See the results... 92 12.99%

Total:703
Normchacho said:
veritaz said:
NobleTeam360 said:
kurasakiichimaru said:
Locknuts said:
There's more stuff in the box. PS+, extra controller as well as a game. Add that to the fact that people perceive the PS4 to be better value anyway and there you have it.

...but that PS4 bundle doesn't have Titanfall though.

• PlayStation 4 Console
  • inFAMOUS Second Son Regular Edition
  • 1 Year PlayStation Plus Subscription
  • A 2nd DualShock 4 Controller

...and the $499 Xbox One Titanfall bundle has more content too:

• Xbox One Console
  • Kinect Sensor for Xbox One
  • Wireless Controller
  • Chat Headset
  • Xbox One Titanfall Game Download
  • 1-Month Xbox Live Gold Membership
  • HDMI Cable
  • Power Supply

LMAO you kind of discredit youself when you put in HDMI cable, Power supply, and chat headset on Xbox One but not PS4. 

Every console has to have a power supply. I think he was talking about a power brick which the PS4 does not have. That's a good thing though. The HDMI cable and chat headset is an obvious mistake.

Guys, he's joking.

Now I feel stupid.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
jlmurph2 said:
Normchacho said:
jlmurph2 said:
Didn't know Gamestop was the only place to buy consoles.

It's the most popular place to buy consoles in the U.S.

Seeing as how that's a Gamestop "Online only" deal and this bundle is ONLY available for Gamestop of course it'll be at the top of Gamestop's online seller list. It doesn't represent in-store pre-orders nor does it represent every other retailer that's selling Titanfall bundles.

Yeah that's true. But I still wouldn't expect too much from the TF bundle.

I think it'll do fine, the TF bundle is worldwide + a price cut in the UK + more deals from Amazon give it a good stance.

Titanfall isn't as big as some people want it to be. It's a new IP and therefore won't break any records. It also won't move consoles all that much, because it just isn't exclusive to XBox One. Won't do jack shit in europe, as PCgaming is pretty big there anyways. In the US? Count on Titanfall 360 outselling Titanfall X1 easily. Just because of that massive install base and more than enough people who can't or don't want to spend 499 $ for a single game. And then there's of course the very small install base of X1.

So unless a miracle happens, Titanfall will do ok, but nothing mind blowing. As for that comparison: People buy everything with a PS4 logo on it right now. Price seemingly isn't an issue as it's still pretty hard to get your hands on a console. So they buy bundles to get the console a little sooner. But Infamous isn't the reason at all. Second Son looks like mediocre game, don't expect it to get a metascore higher than 75 or something. The first two titles did sell ok but not great. The same will be true for Second Son. It's a true exclusive though, so the three Infamous fans on the world will get a PS4 for it. If they don't already have one.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Kinect 2 makes Xbox One psychic type, and Titan Fall makes it fighting type

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

jlmurph2 said:
Normchacho said:
jlmurph2 said:
Normchacho said:
jlmurph2 said:

Seeing as how that's a Gamestop "Online only" deal and this bundle is ONLY available for Gamestop of course it'll be at the top of Gamestop's online seller list. It doesn't represent in-store pre-orders nor does it represent every other retailer that's selling Titanfall bundles.

I think it'll do fine, the TF bundle is worldwide + a price cut in the UK + more deals from Amazon give it a good stance.

I agree it should do fine. As bundles go it will probably easily qualify as a sucess, but I'm just saying that some people are expecting this bundle to be a turning point for the Xbox One and I think that those people will be dissapointed.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
jlmurph2 said:
Normchacho said:
jlmurph2 said:
Normchacho said:
jlmurph2 said:

I agree it should do fine. As bundles go it will probably easily qualify as a sucess, but I'm just saying that some people are expecting this bundle to be a turning point for the Xbox One and I think that those people will be dissapointed.

It will be the spark of life that jumps it above Wii U's 4 million first year

Everyone know the OP only made the thread for the reason only to say "haha, look at how much better SS is selling than Titanfall", right? Just some childish fan threading going on. The good thing is that so many PS fans seem to focus MORE on Titanfall than Xbox fans. Might result in some PS fans buying the X1 :).

I still think TF launch will be bigger than SS in the USA.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Puppyroach said:
Everyone know the OP only made the thread for the reason only to say "haha, look at how much better SS is selling than Titanfall", right? Just some childish fan threading going on. The good thing is that so many PS fans seem to focus MORE on Titanfall than Xbox fans. Might result in some PS fans buying the X1 :).

Yup, you're about 40 minutes late on that. Thanks though, were having an actual discussion now if you'd like to contribute.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Supply + Demand = price people are willing to pay

Limited supply + Massive demand = people willing to pay any price. Really i think if sony put up the price of their console it would still sell out.