By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why is a $569 PS4 InFamous SS Bundle outselling the system seller $499 Xbox One Titanfall Bundle?

?

Have you seen...InFamous? 147 20.76%

PS+(online+free games) 20 2.82%

Two controllers... Longer Battery 9 1.27%

DAT PS4 DEMAND! 189 26.69%

All of the above 246 34.75%

See the results... 92 12.99%

Total:703
kurasakiichimaru said:

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=28-xu0

It's really confounding me, guys...

more importantly, it is being outdone by bravely default

Around the Network
kurasakiichimaru said:
Locknuts said:
There's more stuff in the box. PS+, extra controller as well as a game. Add that to the fact that people perceive the PS4 to be better value anyway and there you have it.

...but that PS4 bundle doesn't have Titanfall though.

• PlayStation 4 Console
  • inFAMOUS Second Son Regular Edition
  • 1 Year PlayStation Plus Subscription
  • A 2nd DualShock 4 Controller

...and the $499 Xbox One Titanfall bundle has more content too:

• Xbox One Console
  • Kinect Sensor for Xbox One
  • Wireless Controller
  • Chat Headset
  • Xbox One Titanfall Game Download
  • 1-Month Xbox Live Gold Membership
  • HDMI Cable
  • Power Supply

umm you cant be serious?

PS4 doesnt need a power supply.

PS4 comes with an HDMI cable

PS4 comes with a headset, but the XB1 headest is better though.

PS4's offer offers one year of PS+ compares to one month for Xbox live.

PS4 comes with the ability to have me as a friend, Xbox One does not offer that. 

Maybe it's because the Titanfall bundle is available at other retailers? Also that's online only so people are forced to buy it through their site where people that want the Titanfall bundle have other options.

Normchacho said:
1. I don't think this is a real question, but more of a "haha look! even a $570 PS4 bundle is outselling a $500 Xbox One bundle".

I feel like this thread has been answered now.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Gonna be meltdowns when Titanfall outsells infamous...

OR when infamous outsells Titanfall.. :/

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Puppyroach said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Puppyroach said:
Normchacho said:
Puppyroach said:
Everyone know the OP only made the thread for the reason only to say "haha, look at how much better SS is selling than Titanfall", right? Just some childish fan threading going on. The good thing is that so many PS fans seem to focus MORE on Titanfall than Xbox fans. Might result in some PS fans buying the X1 :).

Yup, you're about 40 minutes late on that. Thanks though, were having an actual discussion now if you'd like to contribute.

I was contributing, I think some PS fans might consider buying an X1 thanks too Titanfall while I can guarantee that no Xbox fan will consider buying a PS4 because of SS.

Huh? That seems like a pretty stupid assumption. (no offense)

Why? Seeing as how many threads are started by PS fans for Titanfall compared to threads started by Xbox fans around Infamous it should be a pretty obvious assumption? We also saw last generation how good MS was at attracting former PS fans.

It's a fallacious (errorneous or stupid) assumption because it not only assumes that the select few PS fan's starting these threads are representative of all of the PS fan's on this site, and it also assumes that these ps fans are representative of the vocal internet ps fanbase, as well as assumes that the vocal ps fanbase is representative of the entire ps fanbase, but also makes a baseless claim that generalizes the entire xbox fanbase as not being interested in second son. It also assumes that brand loyalty is universal and that there exists no overlap between the fanbases. Its either blatant trolling or psychopathic delusion.

And while this is obviously a troll thread, I shouldn't have to elaborate on why your assumption is stupid because you either already knew it or you wouldn't be able to understand this if you didn't.

Ok, so the word "guarantee" might be a bit hard, I should have used the word "highly unlikely". This is a site where EVERYTHING we do is making guesswork as to how things will turn out. I assume that you also go in to threads regarding people saying PS4 will completely crush X1 and WiiU, since we don´t have any definitive proof of that, making those arguments (by your own reasoning) stupid?

So, instead of calling other peoples guesses stupid (which is really rude), contribute with your own reasoning instead of bashing others, that might brighten up your day :).

iceland said:
Maybe it's because the Titanfall bundle is available at other retailers? Also that's online only so people are forced to buy it through their site where people that want the Titanfall bundle have other options.

The logic is too strong!!!

did anyone with just half a brain seriously belive titanfall, which only is another fps, could save xboxone, an not even half-assed, obviously nickel and dime trojan horse, product, globally???

0815user said:
did anyone with just half a brain seriously belive titanfall, which only is another fps, could save xboxone, an not even half-assed, obviously nickel and dime trojan horse, product, globally???

Save it from what?

the, grammar, is, too, much, for, me!!!

Honestly are people supposed to take you seriously while you're typing like that?

Here's the thing. SS is PS4 exclusive. One of the first high profile next gen only games. People look forward to it. Its also only available on PS4. TF is available on nearly every platform just not PS3/4 & Nintendo consoles. In total TF will sell a LOT of copies because well MS/PC master race loves shooters. It just won't be an XB1 system seller because its not exclusive.