By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What made you decide to buy your nextgen console over the others?

I enjoy PS eclusives more, and i was an early adopter of the 360 last-gen and got screwed. I might by an Xbox One when the price drops below $400 and a remodel.

Around the Network

PS4
- Almost all my friends are have a PS3 and are getting the PS4
- My first system was the PS1 and I've owned all of of Sony's hardware, so I was used to Sony
- $100 cheaper
- Exclusives
- Controller
- PS+
- Sony did all the right things leading up to the console's launch

Bought a PS4 because I loved the PS3 which i had had since just after launch. Good quality games and incredible 1st party.

Wii U for Nintendo exclusives, AND FINALLLYYY PIKMIN 3!!

I have a gaming PC. Until Naughty Dog show me something there is no need for anything other than a Wii U.

Around the Network

ps4 cuz ps3 legacy and nice price

wii u cuz mi wii died U_U

Got the WiiU for the kids with the Mario bundle, seemed like too good a deal to pass up and was an awesome Christmas present for them.

For my personal gaming system, went Xbone over PS4 because it has games and PS4 has none that appeal to me yet.

I had some very persuasive friends that practically begged me to buy a PS4. Their names are Common Sense and Too-Much Money.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Already established on Xbox One, and I like MS first party games more than Sony's. I'll eventually get the PS4 sometime down the road though. I'll also probably get the Wii U when I feel it's the right time to get one.

I chose the Wii u for these reasons:

- Pikmin

- Other Nintendo games.

- Off-TV play.

- Great controller.

- Online is free.

- Backwards compatible with the Wii, so I can play Twilight Princess.

- Price.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.