By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What made you decide to buy your nextgen console over the others?

I got a Wii U because it would inevitably have a Zelda game that I wanted. Oh...and Smash Bros., Mario Kart, 3D Mario, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, Wii Party, Wii Fit, etc. Basically, I bought a Wii U because it's the only home console that has Nintendo's first party line-up on it.

I will likely get a PS4 around Christmas-time or in 2015...and that will be primarily because of Kingdom Hearts 3. As well as some other 3rd-party and maybe even some first-party Sony games that I can't play on my Nintendo console (always my first console of choice, because of the games).

In both cases, it's strictly about the games. Don't get me wrong, other features, online systems, graphical specs and price and everything are at least somewhat important or at least can be considered "perks" in my opinion, but it still ultimately boils down to what games I want to play and which system they are available for.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)