By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What made you decide to buy your nextgen console over the others?

Wii U
Nintendo games
Off tv play ( also nice to watch movies on the gamepad)
Better local multiplayer experience
Use of previous controllers (no buying additional peripherals)
Backward compatibility
Great Indie support
Virtual console
FREE ONLINE!!!

Around the Network

PS4
$100 cheaper than the closest competitor
Solid 1st party support
Solid 3rd party support
Best console hardware
PS+ is an amazing service
Dualshock 4 is a huge improvement over Dualshock 3
Lots of indie games
Only console that I can play Naughty Dog titles

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

PS4 I would have probablyhave chosen it anyway because of how much fun i had with the PS3 but the directions M$ and Ninty went only made my decision easier.

Wii-U: far too weak for the price and only has Nintendo games. It also has that horrible gamepad. End of gen purchase at best to be honest.
Xbone: It would have been this or PS4. I aint paying online for both. More expensive, worse graphics and lacks exclusives that interest me. Plus I would have to pay extra on top of the console to get a controller that is not lopsided.

PS4: strongest console at a really good price. I enjoyed my PS3/PS2/PS1/PSP. Sony has the best first party games in my opinion and it has good 3rd party support.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Xbox One. Has better exclusives than the rest.

I will get a PS4 because I care for Japan import games, JRPGs und 1080p resolution. Today I saw a youtube video of Yakuza Inshin and immediately wanted to play this game, for me it is clearly the best title the PS4 has to offer, even if you do not understand a single word. Since the PS4 has no region lock, anybody with a PS4 can create a japanese Playstation Network account and download the demo for free. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97KPOoqVFfc

In my country, privacy is also very important, so Kinect with 24/7 NSA live spying is a no-go. Microsoft will not stand any chance because of this no matter how good they perform, they already lost the console war.

Also the only game on the Xbox side that would be of any interest to me is not being made (Project Gotham Racing).

Around the Network

Bought the WiiU first, since it came out a year earlier.
PS4 vs X1 was a simple decision
- Exclusives better suited to my taste
- More 1080p games
- Easier to move around, no power brick to dig out
- Cheaper
- Already had ps+, don't currently have live gold.
- Faster (start up, UI, installs)
- Prefer the DS4 controller
- No scaling issues and gamma adjustments

I was planning to buy an x1 end this year, but I might wait a bit longer and see how things are going.

PS4

Because of all the support the PS3 had with both old and new ips. I expect nothing less from the PS4 and with the good sales it have gotten so far the games support will only get better.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Ps3 > 360, Wii
Ps2 > Xbox, GC
N64 > Ps1 (just barely though and ps2 didnt get better because Sony made it better but Nintendo made GC worse)

It really was a no brainer that Ps4 > XB1, Wii U. Especially afterMS trying to fuck everyone, XB1 being 100 more for less HW(kinect is irrelevant) and the horrendus way Nintendo handled everything Wii U

All of em.

PS4. PS+, sony exclusives, more powerfull hardware, my frieds have/will have PS4. CHEAPER