By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - New Spider-Man movie to be released every year, says Sony UPDATE: not any more...

Tagged games:

jacks81x said:

Because of the differences you mentioned, I do think that they don't need to follow the Marvel formula to the tee.  I would gladly take a Venon or Carnage solo movie.  I've also heard rumors of a standalone Sinister Six movie.  There're definitely opportunites there to try something new with the Spidey cinematic universe instead of every movie following the standard Spidey fights villain formula.  

I guess time will tell. There's no reason to assume these movies are gonna be crap and I'll be happy if they succeed. I'm all for potential spinoff movies as long as they're good and even if they're not they wont necessarily effect the main series spidey films (I hope). I'd probably rather they just made the spin-off movies without any grand announcement of a 'cinematic spider-man universe' though cos that just reeks of dodgy cash-in. 'Eveyone else is doing it so we might as well'.

I'm already paranoid cos it sounds like they're cramming too much into TASM 2, which is where they went wrong with SPIDER-MAN 3. I hope I'm proven wrong and I'll give it all the benefit of the doubt for now, but I worry they haven't leant from past mistakes.

Around the Network

Sony does have plans to make their own Avengers-type film with Spider-Man which is why there are a couple of villains (and hints to other villians in the near future) in TASM2. They already announced TASM3 & 4, and I think the Venom spin-off as well (totally not sure).

If the movies end up being good, then I have no problems with it. Harry Potter had yearly releases for 8 years, and all of them ended up being good. They have a lot of source material for Spider-Man to choose from.

axumblade said:
HEMSTAR said:
axumblade said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
good news , a venom movie !!!

i hope they dont ruin venom like they did with electro and goblin in the second movie.

This is actually exactly what I was thinking. Venom fans have been waiting too long for a movie that actually does him justice. Not that I disliked Topher Grace as Venom, but he got what, a whole 6 minutes of air time as Venom in the 3rd Spider-Man?...

Topher Grace was horrendous as Venom. Some of the worst casting ever.

I mean, are you really looking to Venom to be a great actor? Nobody expects academy awards out of any of these comic movies (well sans for Heath Ledger in the Dark Knight of course) . Venom looked pretty cool in the movie but just the whole fact that they spent so much time obsessing over stupid things to make Venom an actual prominent character. 

Well of course but Venom just needs an actor whos buff

think-man said:
MoHasanie said:
That's dumb. People will get sick of it fast. Oh well, each movie will earn Sony half a billion dollars so that will certainly help their bad financial results. Why aren't they doing another James Bond movie?

They are, it comes out next year.

That's good. Those movies do great. Hopefully they won't over do it with that franchise though. One movie every 3 years is  good. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
think-man said:
MoHasanie said:
That's dumb. People will get sick of it fast. Oh well, each movie will earn Sony half a billion dollars so that will certainly help their bad financial results. Why aren't they doing another James Bond movie?

They are, it comes out next year.

That's good. Those movies do great. Hopefully they won't over do it with that franchise though. One movie every 3 years is  good. 

That franchise is impossible to kill, been around for decades lol Bond gets more and more popular with every title.

Around the Network

Im sick of these superhero movies. Have been for years now...

Amazing spiderman sucks and i dont realy care. the reboot was shit and they should have made spiderman 4.

Why Sony, why, you like to make bad moves after bad moves?
You really think that milk Spiderman will make more hype on the hero, or make you a lot of Money?

Sony, STAHP

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Milking a franschise that should deserve better? Check.