By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - New Spider-Man movie to be released every year, says Sony UPDATE: not any more...

Tagged games:

kowenicki said:
This seems a tad ridiculous to me...

Every year? Over kill?

Why not make it a TV movie series in that case? They did say they wanted to make less movies and more TV content after all.

Odd decision.

Why? I not really bothered by yearly movie releases only if they dont drop the quality like Call of Duty has every year. If they keep the standards high like the first Amazing Spiderman than i have no problem at all. Theres no such thing as too much Spiderman as well.

Plus my favourite movie franchise was released year after year which is The Lord of the Rings and they were all quality films.

Edit: Plus they're not gonna do a yearly release of the base Spiderman films, just his universe. So expect ASM2 in 2014, VENOM in 2015, ASM3 in 2016, Sinister 6 in 2017. Then they'll probably reboot it in 2019 LOL.

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
That's dumb. People will get sick of it fast. Oh well, each movie will earn Sony half a billion dollars so that will certainly help their bad financial results. Why aren't they doing another James Bond movie?

They are, it comes out next year.

axumblade said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
good news , a venom movie !!!

i hope they dont ruin venom like they did with electro and goblin in the second movie.

This is actually exactly what I was thinking. Venom fans have been waiting too long for a movie that actually does him justice. Not that I disliked Topher Grace as Venom, but he got what, a whole 6 minutes of air time as Venom in the 3rd Spider-Man?...

Topher Grace was horrendous as Venom. Some of the worst casting ever.

Ever years seems a little risky. I like spiderman and the lore is pretty huge but theres no way they can make a movie of worth in just 1 year.

Mystro-Sama said:
Ever years seems a little risky. I like spiderman and the lore is pretty huge but theres no way they can make a movie of worth in just 1 year.

Why not?  They just need to have multiple production teams work on these films, akin to what Marvel is doing with their films and what Disney is going to do with SW.  

Around the Network

I'm curious who they're going to bring in as their Wheddon or Abrams who's going to oversee all the films and make sure they all flow and tie in to each other.

JoeFlex said:
legend92(3) said:
Pretty certain it's spider man related films. Like spinoffs etc. Wouldn't be a main entry every year

This

If that's the case then that's not so bad. Akin to the Marvel movies with Iron Man, Thor, Cap, The Avengers, Hulk, etc ..  in a sense.

I believe that's EXACTLY what they're going for...the problem is the marvel/avengers related story arcs work because The Avengers is a TEAM comprised of lots of members, creating the opportunity for lots of related movies...spiderman is a solo character so I'm not sure the formula lends itself to the spiderman series quite so well...

I mean what are we gonna get? An Aunt May spinoff movie (actually that'd be kinda funny)?

As long as the films come out good and not get massacred by the guys in suits like what happened to Spider-man 3.

mushroomboy5 said:
JoeFlex said:
legend92(3) said:
Pretty certain it's spider man related films. Like spinoffs etc. Wouldn't be a main entry every year

This

If that's the case then that's not so bad. Akin to the Marvel movies with Iron Man, Thor, Cap, The Avengers, Hulk, etc ..  in a sense.

I believe that's EXACTLY what they're going for...the problem is the marvel/avengers related story arcs work because The Avengers is a TEAM comprised of lots of members, creating the opportunity for lots of related movies...spiderman is a solo character so I'm not sure the formula lends itself to the spiderman series quite so well...

I mean what are we gonna get? An Aunt May spinoff movie (actually that'd be kinda funny)?

Because of the differences you mentioned, I do think that they don't need to follow the Marvel formula to the tee.  I would gladly take a Venon or Carnage solo movie.  I've also heard rumors of a standalone Sinister Six movie.  There're definitely opportunites there to try something new with the Spidey cinematic universe instead of every movie following the standard Spidey fights villain formula.