By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 will be the worst-selling Mario Kart ever. UPDATE: Nope, my prediction was wrong.

A safe bet would be less than Mario Kart 7 but more than Mario Kart Double Dash.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
F0X said:

I typed "will Mario Kart 8 sell more than Super Circuit?" into the Magic 8-Ball.

I asked the Magic 8 Ball if Mario Kart 8 would outsell Mario Kart Wii; it said no. Then I asked it if Mario Kart 8 would outsell Double Dash!!; it said yes. Seems as though it has sense...!

The 8-Ball is sentient, if not all-knowing. It's probably watching you right now.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Zekkyou said:
Miyamotoo said:
No, better than Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart: Double Dash, but worst then Mario Kart Wii.

You think it's going to sell over 10 million copies? o.O

Mario Kart games continue to sell well after the launch, so its very well possible, especially if nintendo actually gets decent marketing.

F0X said:

The 8-Ball is sentient, if not all-knowing. It's probably watching you right now.

I asked if the 8-Ball was watching me... it said yes.

It will sell more than Double Dash. Also, if the Wii U makes a fairly decent comeback, I could see it outselling Super Mario Kart.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

Around the Network
lucidium said:
Status of Nintendo fans.
☐ Jimmies unrustled
☑ Jimmies rustled

This made me chuckle more than it should have

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

I think Nintendo biting the bullet and dropping WiiU's price to $250 in May with MK8 bundled is what it's gonna take at this point. That would yield some great results IMO for both the game and the console's sales.

Yep, that's gonna be one tall order!

It'll outsell doubledash. Someone bet me. Sig control avatar control, lets go.

It'll easily not be the worst-selling Mario Kart.

I believe in the power of word of mouth.