By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 will be the worst-selling Mario Kart ever. UPDATE: Nope, my prediction was wrong.

I don't give a toss if it doesn't reach Mario Kart Wii levels of sales, it won't stop it being probably the best Mario Kart yet, and I will just enjoy it for what it is. Nuff said.

Around the Network

Hmm maybe, though I think it will do 6m lifetime.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Wright said:

Nintendo won't pricecut the console, hence, no chance.

But a chane? It might has.

I edited it. You took forever to post that...

And yes, Nintendo definitely will want to, at least before 2015's Holiday. It's also going to be heavily bundled.

NintendoPie said:
Wright said:

Nintendo won't pricecut the console, hence, no chance.

But a chane? It might has.

I edited it. You took forever to post that...

And yes, Nintendo definitely will want to, at least before 2015's Holiday. It's also going to be heavily bundled.

Is that proof of Nintendo not believing their own product can sell on its own?

F0X said:

I typed "will Mario Kart 8 sell more than Super Circuit?" into the Magic 8-Ball.

I asked the Magic 8 Ball if Mario Kart 8 would outsell Mario Kart Wii; it said no. Then I asked it if Mario Kart 8 would outsell Double Dash!!; it said yes. Seems as though it has sense...!

Around the Network

Don't think so. I could also see it outsell Double Dash.
Depending on bundling, I reckon it could reach 8m+ lifetime, eventually.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

It's virtually doomed to that position because of the console it's on. So yes, i'm with you on this one.

Kane1389 said:
zorg1000 said:
Kane1389 said:
Rogerioandrade said:
Even if it sell around 5-6 million, considering the size of the market today it will do well enough.

That would require almost 100% attach rate of the game...not happening. It'll be lucky if it crosses 4 million

Its at 5.8 million right now according to Vgchartz and shipments of 5.86 million as of Dec 31, probably over 6 million by now. Do u honestly believe Wii U will ship/sell zero units from this point on?

It wont sell enough for this game to hit 6 million, I believe that

Thats fine but thats not what u said. U said it would have close to a 100% attach rate in order to sell that much which is not true. Wii U would literally have to be discontinued now in order for it to not pass 6 million.

For the last 3 generations the home console version of Mario Kart has had roughly a 30-35% attach ratio. Assuming that this trend continues Wii U would need a lifetime install base of about 15-17 million in order for Mario Kart to sell 5-6 million. Im not saying this scenario is gauranteed to happen but its def a realistic number for both of those to sell based on Wii U current hardware and software sales.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

You are Wrightfully wrong on this one!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Mario Kart 8 vs Mario Kart Super Circuit, this sounds like the bet of the ages waiting to happen.