By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 will be the worst-selling Mario Kart ever. UPDATE: Nope, my prediction was wrong.

Wright said:
Kongfucius said:
Wright said:

I have no need for such humane, futile tasks.

Through the ass.

Nice, but isn't aiming a problem?

I can always sit down, you know.

Whoops, brainfart!

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:
Rogerioandrade said:
Even if it sell around 5-6 million, considering the size of the market today it will do well enough.

That would require almost 100% attach rate of the game...not happening. It'll be lucky if it crosses 4 million

Its at 5.8 million right now according to Vgchartz and shipments of 5.86 million as of Dec 31, probably over 6 million by now. Do u honestly believe Wii U will ship/sell zero units from this point on?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I predict 60-70% of Wii U owners will own MK8.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Kane1389 said:
Rogerioandrade said:
Even if it sell around 5-6 million, considering the size of the market today it will do well enough.

That would require almost 100% attach rate of the game...not happening. It'll be lucky if it crosses 4 million

lucidium said:
Rogerioandrade said:

That would take every single wiiu owner on the face of this planet going out and buying it.

I dont think thats going to happen.

Are you guys for real?

You are not going to get anywhere with a condescending tone like that

zorg1000 said:
Kane1389 said:
Rogerioandrade said:

Its at 5.8 million right now according to Vgchartz and shipments of 5.86 million as of Dec 31, probably over 6 million by now. Do u honestly believe Wii U will ship/sell zero units from this point on?

It wont sell enough for this game to hit 6 million, I believe that

Around the Network
Multishanks said:
lucidium said:
Metroid33slayer said:
lucidium said:
Rogerioandrade said:

That would take every single wiiu owner on the face of this planet going out and buying it.

I dont think thats going to happen.

Wii u hardware sales aren't going to stay at 6 million indefinately, use your brain.

It's selling less than 6360 units a day, at this rate in a year the WiiU will be at 8 million, 5-6 million is still a 5-6 out of every 8 owners buying the game, which still isnt going to happen.

Like it or not, MK8 is going to struggle to reach 4m lifetime, you can spout any nonsense you want in retort of course, isn't going to change the reality of it.

I'll be sure to circle back and quote this convosation when the first months sales are in and predictably dissapointing, no doubt youIll play the " b b b but long legs" card, legs can only be as long as the body theyre attached to, and this body is sick and frail.

There is no way you are serious.  

ohh, he's serious.  He just doesn't have a firm grasp on reality. 

Wii U sales willl steadily increase for a while, and especially during the holiday periods.  The attach rate of MK is insane and of course ever green.  We will see good numbers out of MK8.

Wright said:
Kongfucius said:
Wright said:

I have what you could call, male intuition.

Does this mean your penis is talking to you?

I have no sex, though. But I'm half male and half female.

Mixing sex and gender Wright. You can pee through there!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Wright said:

Yes. Even less than Super Circuit. Predicting it right here.

I have what you could call, male intuition.

That is quite the prediction. I'm assuming you are talking lifetime. It's possible. Hard to say really. If the Wii U hits GameCube numbers I think it will sell better. Although, your guess is essentially flawed because it's being released on both the Wii U and the 3DS so there is no way it will sell less if it's MK8 sales numbers. If it's just Wii U numbers than possible.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Wright said:

The only chance the game has to do that is being bundled and at the same time, giving WiiU a pricecut. Then it stands a chance.

So you're saying it has a chance, Wrong? Then why'd you post this thread?

Anyway, there are some funny posts in this thread about 100% attach rate. So it was worth it, I guess!

NintendoPie said:
Wright said:

The only chance the game has to do that is being bundled and at the same time, giving WiiU a pricecut. Then it stands a chance.

So you're saying it has a chane, Wrong? Then why'd you post this thread?

Anyway, there are some funny posts in this thread about 100% attach rate. So it was worth it, I guess!

Nintendo won't pricecut the console, hence, no chance.

But a chane? It might has.