By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 will be the worst-selling Mario Kart ever. UPDATE: Nope, my prediction was wrong.

Status of Nintendo fans.
☐ Jimmies unrustled
☑ Jimmies rustled

Around the Network
Wright said:
AZWification said:

The COMG  thread will be used as evidence.

My male intuition has nothing to do with the COMG thread!

You may not post often in the COMG thread , but my " male intuition" tells me that you visit it very frequently!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Pavolink said:
aryu said:
generic-user-1 said:
zorg1000 said:
Miyamotoo said:
No, better than Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart: Double Dash, but worst then Mario Kart Wii.

How big do u think the install base will be to support a 10 million seller?

wo with a wii u will not buy mk8? it could sell 10m with an installbase of 15m...

me. I only got a WiiU for Zelda.

Good man. I also get my consoles just for Zelda. Every other game is just a bonus.

OT: Safe prediction.

Damn straight it is.

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

To answer the topic, people really need to realize that an open world 3D Mario, a new entry in the The Legend of Zelda franchise, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros. 4, Metroid, Mario Party, Animal Crossing and tons of other smaller and greater system selling franchises have not been released for the system yet. Wii U lifetime predictions at this point are useless, and will still be even after Mario Kart 8 is released.

With that said, Mario Kart is a franchise that has seen massive growth in recent years. I would be stunned if it does not sell over 10 million copies by the end of its production. Especially considering the possibility of backwards compatibility and 7th gen Mario Kart titles still selling to this day - six and nine years following their release.

lucidium said:
Status of Nintendo fans.
☐ Jimmies unrustled
☑ Jimmies rustled

how did you do the check boxes?

Around the Network
oniyide said:
lucidium said:
Status of Nintendo fans.
☐ Jimmies unrustled
☑ Jimmies rustled

how did you do the check boxes?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Check_mark

kitler53 said:
Wright said:

Yes. Even less than Super Circuit. Predicting it right here.

I have what you could call, male intuition.

put the target in the OP please.

Updated.

lucidium said:

It's selling less than 6360 units a day, at this rate in a year the WiiU will be at 8 million, 5-6 million is still a 5-6 out of every 8 owners buying the game, which still isnt going to happen.

Like it or not, MK8 is going to struggle to reach 4m lifetime, you can spout any nonsense you want in retort of course, isn't going to change the reality of it.

I'll be sure to circle back and quote this convosation when the first months sales are in and predictably dissapointing, no doubt youIll play the " b b b but long legs" card, legs can only be as long as the body theyre attached to, and this body is sick and frail.

Sure, let's assume that this rate will remain unchanged for the rest of the year despite the launches of Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros., Black Friday and the holidays. I'm sure those events will only just barely boost the systems daily numbers anyway.

Oh come on now! Surely it will outsell Super Circuit! I feel this game could easily achieve about a 50% attach rate especially since it'll be bundled, so the Wii U only needs to sell like 12 million for MK8 to be able to surpass Super Circuit!

lucidium said:
Metroid33slayer said:
lucidium said:
Rogerioandrade said:
Even if it sell around 5-6 million, considering the size of the market today it will do well enough.

That would take every single wiiu owner on the face of this planet going out and buying it.

I dont think thats going to happen.

Wii u hardware sales aren't going to stay at 6 million indefinately, use your brain.

It's selling less than 6360 units a day, at this rate in a year the WiiU will be at 8 million, 5-6 million is still a 5-6 out of every 8 owners buying the game, which still isnt going to happen.

Like it or not, MK8 is going to struggle to reach 4m lifetime, you can spout any nonsense you want in retort of course, isn't going to change the reality of it.

I'll be sure to circle back and quote this convosation when the first months sales are in and predictably dissapointing, no doubt youIll play the " b b b but long legs" card, legs can only be as long as the body theyre attached to, and this body is sick and frail.

if history is repeated there will only be 1 MK on wiiU so the end of the year total hardly matters compared to wiiU's final LTD total.  ..and a high attach rate is pretty easy to imagine (again going via history with the gamecube) of maybe 30-50%.   so whatever super circut's total is (@wright, i hate you right now  :P) x2,.. is that a reasonable wiiU final LTD?   i dunno, VGCz games page isn't working for me right now.