By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 will be the worst-selling Mario Kart ever. UPDATE: Nope, my prediction was wrong.

Zekkyou said:
Miyamotoo said:
No, better than Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart: Double Dash, but worst then Mario Kart Wii.

You think it's going to sell over 10 million copies? o.O

Maybe, depends on Wii U instal base, i think number for Mario Kart 8 will be around 10m.

zorg1000 said:
Miyamotoo said:
No, better than Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart: Double Dash, but worst then Mario Kart Wii.

How big do u think the install base will be to support a 10 million seller?

Not less than 30m.

Around the Network

Are you in febrile delirium? WTF man

Zelda - Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch.... Incredable!!!

I think in the long run it will eventually reach 7mil thx to being bundled. So better than Double Dash and Super Circuit. I hope.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

It definitely won't get the sales that a prestigious franchise like Mario Kart deserves, thanks a lot Obama.

cause its for wii u

Around the Network
aryu said:
generic-user-1 said:
zorg1000 said:
Miyamotoo said:

How big do u think the install base will be to support a 10 million seller?

wo with a wii u will not buy mk8? it could sell 10m with an installbase of 15m...

me. I only got a WiiU for Zelda.

Good man. I also get my consoles just for Zelda. Every other game is just a bonus.

OT: Safe prediction.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I will be buying two copies when i buy mine.

Nah it'll at least outsell Super Circuit. Probably Double Dash! and Super Mario Kart as well but not 64 and 7 and definitely not DS and Wii.

I typed "will Mario Kart 8 sell more than Super Circuit?" into the Magic 8-Ball.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Rogerioandrade said:
Even if it sell around 5-6 million, considering the size of the market today it will do well enough.

That would require almost 100% attach rate of the game...not happening. It'll be lucky if it crosses 4 million