By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 will be the worst-selling Mario Kart ever. UPDATE: Nope, my prediction was wrong.

Miyamotoo said:
No, better than Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart: Double Dash, but worst then Mario Kart Wii.

How big do u think the install base will be to support a 10 million seller?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

I hope you aren't right but it seems likely :(

Nintendo need to put the Wii U and it's games out there more. When I bought Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze last week, the guy who served me in the shop didn't even realise the game had come out yet!

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

It will be the game that knocks the dust off the wiiu, thats for sure.

I agree it sucks the numbers will not be great. Maybe a 3ds version to follow later on to make up some ground.

Double Dash was bundled. Who would have bought that piece of crap otherwise?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Agreed.

Around the Network

It definitely won't be the best selling Mario Kart and definitely won't be the worst selling Mario Kart.

I already pre-ordered the game and I can't wait to play it.

EDIT: With Nintendo Wifi services shutting down for the Wii and DS 10 days before the release of Mario Kart 8, it is possible that the people who still play Mario Kart Wii online (which is a lot) to buy a Wii U for Mario Kart 8.

zorg1000 said:
Miyamotoo said:
No, better than Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart: Double Dash, but worst then Mario Kart Wii.

wo with a wii u will not buy mk8? it could sell 10m with an installbase of 15m...

I would say 10 mil+ for lifetime sales. Nintendo games have the tendacy to sit in the top 30 and sale moderatly for most of the games lifetime. Esp mario titles

generic-user-1 said:
zorg1000 said:
Miyamotoo said:

wo with a wii u will not buy mk8? it could sell 10m with an installbase of 15m...

me. I only got a WiiU for Zelda.

PS3, PS4, PSV, Wii U, 3DS + 3DS XL Owner.

PlayStation Nation

NNID: aminryu1

I need to stop buying games...

dcgoodash said:

I would say 10 mil+ for lifetime sales. Nintendo games have the tendacy to sit in the top 30 and sale moderatly for most of the games lifetime. Esp mario titles

mk wii did 1.17m last year. thats more than the most games do lifetime...