By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 will be the worst-selling Mario Kart ever. UPDATE: Nope, my prediction was wrong.

zorg1000 said:

Im really hopeful we see a relaunch to go along with Mario Kart.

-New redesigned Wii U with smaller, sleaker Gamepad

-price cut to $250 bundled with Mario Kart 8

-new advertisement campaign

-steady stream of software from that point on

-E3 a few weeks later show off a bunch of big titles for 2014/2015

Shame that Nintendo doesn't think this way more often...

Seriously, if all of that was happening and some of those E3 games were Gamepad-centric, potential mass market hits, I'd wager that Nintendo would see a massive turnaround.

Around the Network
ZyroXZ2 said:

Wait, wasn't there a thread about DKC:TF bombing?

What is going on in this place!?!? :O

We're all a bunch of Nintendo haters who take joy in seeing a company fail. 

/s

In terms of sales the WiiU is the most interesting to talk about because it's doing so poorly. Vita fans had to go through this crap back in 2012. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Kane1389 said:
zorg1000 said:
Kane1389 said:
zorg1000 said:
Kane1389 said:
Rogerioandrade said:
Even if it sell around 5-6 million, considering the size of the market today it will do well enough.

That would require almost 100% attach rate of the game...not happening. It'll be lucky if it crosses 4 million

Its at 5.8 million right now according to Vgchartz and shipments of 5.86 million as of Dec 31, probably over 6 million by now. Do u honestly believe Wii U will ship/sell zero units from this point on?

It wont sell enough for this game to hit 6 million, I believe that

Thats fine but thats not what u said. U said it would have close to a 100% attach rate in order to sell that much which is not true. Wii U would literally have to be discontinued now in order for it to not pass 6 million.

For the last 3 generations the home console version of Mario Kart has had roughly a 30-35% attach ratio. Assuming that this trend continues Wii U would need a lifetime install base of about 15-17 million in order for Mario Kart to sell 5-6 million. Im not saying this scenario is gauranteed to happen but its def a realistic number for both of those to sell based on Wii U current hardware and software sales.

I assumed for some reason the dude was talkimg about yearly sales

That still doesnt make sense. Even if Mario Kart sold 5-6 million this year it wouldnt be 100% attach rate unless again u assume Wii U will be discontinued starting now. Its just under 6 million with 10 months left to go, by the end of the year were looking at a minumum of 8 million and up to 10 million or so which would give Mario Kart anywhere from 50-75% attach ratio with sales of 5-6 million this year.

Ur either really bad at math or make posts without actually thinking them through.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Kane1389 said:
zorg1000 said:
Kane1389 said:
zorg1000 said:
Kane1389 said:
Rogerioandrade said:
Even if it sell around 5-6 million, considering the size of the market today it will do well enough.

That would require almost 100% attach rate of the game...not happening. It'll be lucky if it crosses 4 million

Its at 5.8 million right now according to Vgchartz and shipments of 5.86 million as of Dec 31, probably over 6 million by now. Do u honestly believe Wii U will ship/sell zero units from this point on?

Thats fine but thats not what u said. U said it would have close to a 100% attach rate in order to sell that much which is not true. Wii U would literally have to be discontinued now in order for it to not pass 6 million.

For the last 3 generations the home console version of Mario Kart has had roughly a 30-35% attach ratio. Assuming that this trend continues Wii U would need a lifetime install base of about 15-17 million in order for Mario Kart to sell 5-6 million. Im not saying this scenario is gauranteed to happen but its def a realistic number for both of those to sell based on Wii U current hardware and software sales.

That still doesnt make sense. Even if Mario Kart sold 5-6 million this year it wouldnt be 100% attach rate unless again u assume Wii U will be discontinued starting now. Its just under 6 million with 10 months left to go, by the end of the year were looking at a minumum of 8 million and up to 10 million or so which would give Mario Kart anywhere from 50-75% attach ratio with sales of 5-6 million this year.

Ur either really bad at math or make posts without actually thinking them through.d

Or maybe you're just really bad at reading? 

I clearly said ''almost'' in my first post, meaning that I wasnt talking about 100% attach rate, but anywhere from 99-75% attach rate. But i guess you really wanna argue about this?

ZyroXZ2 said:

Wait, wasn't there a thread about DKC:TF bombing?

What is going on in this place!?!? :O

This:

D0M3 is in the air!1!!!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:
zorg1000 said:
Kane1389 said:
zorg1000 said:
Kane1389 said:
zorg1000 said:
Kane1389 said:
Rogerioandrade said:

Ur either really bad at math or make posts without actually thinking them through.d

Or maybe you're just really bad at reading? 

I clearly said ''almost'' in my first post, meaning that I wasnt talking about 100% attach rate, but anywhere from 99-75% attach rate. But i guess you really wanna argue about this?

Yea cuz 50-75 is sooo close to 100. This isnt the first time I have called u out on making a false statement followed by u changing ur answer.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Mari kart 8 will be another game to cross off from the list....

It'll be around Double Dash numbers

zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
JGarret said:
archbrix said:
I think Nintendo biting the bullet and dropping WiiU's price to $250 in May with MK8 bundled is what it's gonna take at this point. That would yield some great results IMO for both the game and the console's sales.

I think there´s a 100% chance they´ll bundle MK8 with the system, I ´m guessing that even internally at Nintendo HQ, MK8 is seen as the system´s 'last chance'.

Though, I´m not so sure they´ll drop the price while including the game at the same time, not in the beginning, at least.I think they´ll at first retain the $300 price for the bundle, then depending on how things go, they might bite that bullet.

I wouldn't say another price cut in May is impossible. Afterall, weekly Wii U sales are probably going to have dropped back down to the sub 20k region during this 3 month drought before MK8 releases, so desperate times may call for desperate measures.

Im really hopeful we see a relaunch to go along with Mario Kart.

-New redesigned Wii U with smaller, sleaker Gamepad

-price cut to $250 bundled with Mario Kart 8

-new advertisement campaign

-steady stream of software from that point on

-E3 a few weeks later show off a bunch of big titles for 2014/2015

You know I'd be all for this, but I wouldn't get your hopes up! :L

Lyrikalstylez said:
Mari kart 8 will be another game to cross off from the list....

Then the chalkboard/list/whatever should just end there, as I doubt the Wii U will be getting anything bigger than Mario Kart 8.