By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global up - Feb 22 - PS4 449,705/Xbox One 56,769

BenVTrigger said:
Xbox One big time undertracked.

What happened the to boost their sales? TF hype? Considering last month VGC actually overtracked the X1.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:

No, ps4 MASSIVELY under tracked. ;P

BenVTrigger said:

What would have made U.S. massively undertracked, it is in line with what it has been doing.  Unless pre release hype has put it ahead of PS4?

pezus said:
Patty2720 said:

A look at the numbers from at different angle.

Thanks for that. Over 2m FW launch aligned confirmed! 

So if the PS4 launched WW the 1st 15 weeks sales would be over 6.5 million?

Shadow1980 said:

Aside from the Japanese PS4 launch, almost everything is within what one would expect from normal week-to-week fluctuations. What I'm interested in is what the PS4's baseline will be in Japan. Here's what the PS3 did in its first 15 months:

The second week of Jan. '07 it dropped around 30k, and, aside from spikes from certain game releases (Dynasty Warriors Gundam came out the week of that big spike in early March), it gradually declined to around 10k per week by June. Now here's how the PS2 performed its first six months:

Starting with its seventh week (which was in April '00), it hit a baseline that meandered in the 50-90k per week range, and it stayed like that for the rest of the summer. So, will the PS4's baseline be more like the PS3's, leveling out at 15k or less by summer, or will it settle closer to PS2 levels, pulling at least 40-50k per week, or will it be somewhere in the middle, perhaps averaging 20-30k per week? I guess we'll find out in a couple of months once sales start levelling off.

Thanks for your analysis, they are always helpful.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:

It jumped up 20% compared to last week in the states. Were you expecting more, or were they off last week too?

benji232 said:
Ouch, DK did absolutely nothing for wiiU. Another game gone to waste I guess.

Don't worry. Once Mario Kart 8 comes out the Wii U will start selling 250k weekly. This time I am serious!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

theprof00 said:
poklane said:
theprof00 said:
LiquorandGunFun said:
That was predictable,
I wonder how big the xbo launch will be and if it will eclipse the x360 launch in japan. I dont think they will sell 100K tbh.

when did they say they were launching? late 2014? 2015?

In Japan? No date. Some European countries (The Netherlands, Belgium, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Russia and Switzerand) don't even have a date or timeframe yet...

That's...worrisome.

They still have it listed as 2014 and nothing else. As for the rest I think April and October 2014.

Rambo on PC undertracked.

theprof00 said:
hmm minus japan ps4 went down about 10k units? Not a bad drop at all. Can't believe it's still over 100k per week. I knew the demand was high, but this high?
It's great looking back on all those arguments I had about demand. Seems so silly now. But to my detractors, you were right...I was wrong about ps4 demand. In reality it's way higher!

Demand is also still unmet - have yet to see PS4s readily available.

My 8th gen collection