By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global up - Feb 22 - PS4 449,705/Xbox One 56,769

I could be completely wrong to be perfectly honest as I only see 1 retailer.

That said Xbox One has had a much stronger February than January due to TitanFall hype and Tax return season.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
I could be completely wrong to be perfectly honest as I only see 1 retailer.

That said Xbox One has had a much stronger February than January due to TitanFall hype and Tax return season.

Thats good to hear

Shadow1980 said:

Starting with its seventh week (which was in April '00), it hit a baseline that meandered in the 50-90k per week range, and it stayed like that for the rest of the summer. So, will the PS4's baseline be more like the PS3's, leveling out at 15k or less by summer, or will it settle closer to PS2 levels, pulling at least 40-50k per week, or will it be somewhere in the middle, perhaps averaging 20-30k per week? I guess we'll find out in a couple of months once sales start levelling off.

I think the safe bet would be PS3 levels.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Shadow1980 said:

Starting with its seventh week (which was in April '00), it hit a baseline that meandered in the 50-90k per week range, and it stayed like that for the rest of the summer. So, will the PS4's baseline be more like the PS3's, leveling out at 15k or less by summer, or will it settle closer to PS2 levels, pulling at least 40-50k per week, or will it be somewhere in the middle, perhaps averaging 20-30k per week? I guess we'll find out in a couple of months once sales start levelling off.

I think the safe bet would be PS3 levels.

Agreed, seeing the European numbers, it's hard to imagine sustained sales in the 40-50k region for the PS4 in Japan. I think 20-30k is too optimistic as well. 12-15k weekly for most of Q2 and Q3 is my guess.

Looks like my prediction in my signature is gonna be spot on with 6m for PS4 and 3.7m for Xbone by the end of Feb.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network

I think the PS4 Japan baseline will be 20k and a few good weeks nearing 30k.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Japan must of been over 300,000. That's similar to the Wii launch there. Not bad

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

theprof00 said:
hmm minus japan ps4 went down about 10k units? Not a bad drop at all. Can't believe it's still over 100k per week. I knew the demand was high, but this high?
It's great looking back on all those arguments I had about demand. Seems so silly now. But to my detractors, you were right...I was wrong about ps4 demand. In reality it's way higher!

I think we can't even afirm it went down 10k, simply because that stock probably went to Japan. Expect NA and EU sales number to go down from now on simply because they will need to send units to Japan.

front page not updated yet

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Sales in NA and EU will go up for PS4 before they go down. Sony will get stock levels to 200k not counting Japan. I think with Infamous and stock no longer being store for Japan we will see 1 million WWW sales in Feb. before leveling off at 175k a week in the summer.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut