By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - USA Pre-Order Chart - 22nd February, 2014, Final Week: Thief, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles

ironmanDX said:
zorg1000 said:
ironmanDX said:
zorg1000 said:
Isnt Thief the first 8th gen only multiplat? Will be interesting to see how it performs and if it can make a profit without PS3/360 versions to help sales.

It has 7th gen versions also.

They didnt show up on the pre order charts so I just assumed they didnt exist lol my bad

I find it odd they aren't there. Some of  these older IP's just can't keep up unfortunately.

So what is the first 8th gen multiplat? Elder Scrolls Online in June?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

I reckon TF final week could easily top 100K pre-orders on Xb one. So it's looking like it'll do very well, and should give Xb one a very healthy boost.

Second Sons is not accelerating in pre-orders. Obviously even a non-top tier game like this will give PS4 a boost, but the way pre-orders are tracking it won't be a TF level boost. Hopefully it gets a good Meta score giving it every chance at having long legs and being the best selling inFamous game yet.

If Destiny keeps attracting such steady pre-order numbers on PS4bone it's going to be the true beast of 2014. CoD Killer even? That'll give Acti a bit of a problem, esp given they've just put a 3rd studio onto the CoD franchise.

The order ticking along nicely. This is PS4's early gen make or break new IP. It needs this game to do well both critically and in sales to give PS4 good exclusive street cred.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

why thief only get total of 160k preorder -_-. It look gorgeous and worth playing :(

shikamaru317 said:
shikamaru317 said:
zorg1000 said:

That's the way it looks, unless something else gets a release date before then, but I don't think any of the games that have a TBA Q2 release window are 8th gen only and are full multiplats, so it'll probably be ESO. 

Well, actually technically Strike Suit Zero is the first 8th gen only multiplat, but since it's indie I'm not sure if you can really count it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strike_Suit_Zero

Next after ESO are The Crew and Evolve in Q3, then Witcher 3 which still doesn't have a release window other than 2014.

I knew PS3/360 were still getting solid 3rd party support but I didnt realize it was to this extent.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Looks like Titanfall is going to hit 400,000 pretty easy from my thread. A lot said it wouldn't...
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=177761&page=1#

Around the Network

I hope south park gets some extra numbers and good sales at launch. The game looks good and with extra time added to make it better.

zorg1000 said:
shikamaru317 said:
shikamaru317 said:
zorg1000 said:

That's the way it looks, unless something else gets a release date before then, but I don't think any of the games that have a TBA Q2 release window are 8th gen only and are full multiplats, so it'll probably be ESO. 

Well, actually technically Strike Suit Zero is the first 8th gen only multiplat, but since it's indie I'm not sure if you can really count it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strike_Suit_Zero

Next after ESO are The Crew and Evolve in Q3, then Witcher 3 which still doesn't have a release window other than 2014.

I knew PS3/360 were still getting solid 3rd party support but I didnt realize it was to this extent.

It's annoying, I wish developers would just drop gen 7 console so we could speed up next gen adoption rate. Can you imagine if the next Call of Duty was only on PS4/XBO and skipped out on 360/PS3. Console sales would be massive. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Titanfall doing well but unfortunately won't hit 400k.
Thief is very disappointing.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Fusioncode said:
zorg1000 said:
shikamaru317 said:
shikamaru317 said:
zorg1000 said:

It's annoying, I wish developers would just drop gen 7 console so we could speed up next gen adoption rate. Can you imagine if the next Call of Duty was only on PS4/XBO and skipped out on 360/PS3. Console sales would be massive. 

Its kinda a double edge sword, on one hand making those games 8th gen exclusive would boost hardware sales significantly but on the other hand is abandoning 160m potential sales.

For 5 years straight Call of Duty has sold 20-30m. PS4+One total install base by the end of this year will probably be in that same general area and u cant expect the game to have a 100% attach ratio.

Also u have to consider a very large percentage of PS3/360 sales have come in the $200-300 price range so many many people wont or cant affort to spend $400-500 to play these games.

Basically developers would have to bite the bullet and accept that many games would be down significantly from previous installments and possibly make little to no profit in order to create a larger install base for PS4/One. In the long run it may be a good idea but in the short term not so much.

Look at dat Titanfall. The PS4 and Wii U will be completely dead when that game comes out! Sony and Nintendo better watch out!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---