By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - March 11th Turnaround? (Titanfall, Price cut, Twitch Streaming, Party Chat)

J_Allard said:

The next big multi release is GOTG Titanfall so yeah good luck getting Xbone owners to hide with that releasing. Actually it might look like we are hiding off in a hole but actually we'll just be enthralled in FPS perfection.

lol

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
lukeroux said:
Good to see Xbox fans coming out their holes, they will be gone next NPD and/or next big multiplat game comes out.

Must have this place confused with another forum. Xbox fans are smaller in numbers than the other 2 consoles but no one went hiding into some hole and the only people who will care when NPD rolls around are the same people who always care (PS4 fans).

The next big multi release is GOTG Titanfall so yeah good luck getting Xbone owners to hide with that releasing. Actually it might look like we are hiding off in a hole but actually we'll just be enthralled in FPS perfection.

That's funny, because Xbox fans used to rule NPD threads, now they don't really post in it anymore.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

J_Allard said:
lukeroux said:
Good to see Xbox fans coming out their holes, they will be gone next NPD and/or next big multiplat game comes out.

Must have this place confused with another forum. Xbox fans are smaller in numbers than the other 2 consoles but no one went hiding into some hole and the only people who will care when NPD rolls around are the same people who always care (PS4 fans).

Bolded: That is a bold faced lie. X1 fans cared a ton when the X1 sold more then the PS4 in Decembers NPD.

I think the XBOne will top the March NPD. I do not think it will establish a new baseline, or at least it will be too hard to tell, because sales generally go through a slump in March (at least they did in 2011, 2012 and 2013).

Anecdotal evidence tells me that there are lot of 360 owners who have been waiting for a system seller before making a jump to next gen. I actually wouldn't be surprised if XBOne sales stay strong through April before dropping back down.

DerNebel said:
J_Allard said:
lukeroux said:

Bolded: That is a bold faced lie. X1 fans cared a ton when the X1 sold more then the PS4 in Decembers NPD.

One of the best things about the adoption of the Internets is you can always go back and look at things people are claiming. For example, you are claiming X1 fans cared a ton in the December NPD, and I am able to actually go back and look and see that, no, not really. The only real thing the people posting in there seemed to care about was that ethomaz was served a buffet of crow for all his shit talking. There are actually a very small amount of posts gloating about the sales number and for the most part they seem to be from relatively unknown posters. Past the deserved hazing and gloating over the poster I mentioned above, the thread was basically a long circular argument about how random agenda driven forum posters know more about MS/Sony sales numbers than the staff on this website or even Sony/MS themselves.

I wish I cared enough to go and check the January thread to see what the gloating level was when PS4 outsold X1, but I really can't be bothered as the official Dec NPD thread was more than enough to disprove your theory. Hope that helped, not gonna waste any more time talking about old NPD's.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
bananaking21 said:

and how is it the best version? just because? 

because the boss of twitch said so... this morning.

oh then its my mistake, he certainly isnt trying to promote twitch on the xbox one. why would he try do that, silly me. 

J_Allard said:
DerNebel said:
J_Allard said:
lukeroux said:

One of the best things about the adoption of the Internets is you can always go back and look at things people are claiming. For example, you are claiming X1 fans cared a ton in the December NPD, and I am able to actually go back and look and see that, no, not really. The only real thing the people posting in there seemed to care about was that ethomaz was served a buffet of crow for all his shit talking. There are actually a very small amount of posts gloating about the sales number and for the most part they seem to be from relatively unknown posters. Past the deserved hazing and gloating over the poster I mentioned above, the thread was basically a long circular argument about how random agenda driven forum posters know more about MS/Sony sales numbers than the staff on this website or even Sony/MS themselves.

I wish I cared enough to go and check the January thread to see what the gloating level was when PS4 outsold X1, but I really can't be bothered as the official Dec NPD thread was more than enough to disprove your theory. Hope that helped, not gonna waste any more time talking about old NPD's.

You haven't been here long enough if you think Xbox fans didn't gloat at NPD threads in the past.

J_Allard said:
DerNebel said:

That has got to be the biggest joke I've heard in some time now. Even if it was true that MS fans didn't say anything about the December NPD numbers in that thread, which it isn't, then there would still be the other threads were those December numbers were used as an argument.

Seriously do you even realize what you're trying to tell me here? You expect me to believe that the Xbox fans on Vgchartz, a website dedicated to sales, with forum members that are way more interested in sales than people on other websites, do not care about it when the official numbers for their strongest region come out? Do you think I didn't see past NPD threads where the Xbox fans were happily touting the number of months the 360 was on top in the US? And now they suddenly don't care anymore, are you kidding me?

Xbox fans care about sales just as much as they used to, they just don't wanna talk about them since they know their favourite consoles aren't performing well.

rolltide101x said:
kowenicki said:
rolltide101x said:
kowenicki said:

Well I cant see any reason why someone looking to move to next gen wouldn't happily chose the ONE looking at the situation as it stands right now.

This will change of course over time, but as of right now the ONE looks like a better bet to me. Garden warfare and Titanfall alone should be a decent draw for people.

Eh, not everybody wants a CoD clone and PvZ is more than likely coming to the PS4?

There is not a single exclusive game the XBOne has/will get that can touch DW8 to me

right.  ok.

you are entitled to your opinion

I do think it is a minority opinion though.

Not everyone is interested in a CoD clone = Fact

No, it isn't. It's a delusion.

J_Allard said:

There is a game this gen more hyped than Titanfall?

Destiny and Watch Dogs. Come on, we always hype the next big game. After Titanfall releases the hype will start to move to another game (I'm not saying people won't be hyped by TF, just that it won't be anticipation anymore, they will be playing it).