By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - March 11th Turnaround? (Titanfall, Price cut, Twitch Streaming, Party Chat)

kowenicki said:
rolltide101x said:
kowenicki said:
rolltide101x said:
kowenicki said:

Well I cant see any reason why someone looking to move to next gen wouldn't happily chose the ONE looking at the situation as it stands right now.

This will change of course over time, but as of right now the ONE looks like a better bet to me. Garden warfare and Titanfall alone should be a decent draw for people.

Eh, not everybody wants a CoD clone and PvZ is more than likely coming to the PS4?

There is not a single exclusive game the XBOne has/will get that can touch DW8 to me

right.  ok.

you are entitled to your opinion

I do think it is a minority opinion though.

Not everyone is interested in a CoD clone = Fact

PvZ heading to PS4 = semi fact.

DW8 better than anything on XBOne = my opinion

All of that was clearly stated in my previous reply so your reply is meaningless

well... i was only referring to your opinon, so....

calm down.

I was never upset to need to "calm down"

I stated "There is not a single exclusive game the XBOne has/will get that can touch DW8 to ME"

After you stated "Well I cant see any reason why someone looking to move to next gen wouldn't happily chose the ONE looking at the situation as it stands right now."

You try to act like you know what everyone wants vs me saying what I want.

Around the Network
rolltide101x said:
J_Allard said:

Matched Titanfall in what? Hype? Not sure what that has to do with the discussion at hand.

The rest is just opionated stuff that makes no sense to me as someone who spent hundreds of hours on CoD last gen. I know it's not CoD with mechs, but feel free to believe what you want.

I have watched hours of Titanfall and have played it for a couple of hours and IT IS CoD with mechs. You are one of the few people I have seen actually deny that

No!

J_Allard said:
rolltide101x said:

I have watched hours of Titanfall and have played it for a couple of hours and IT IS CoD with mechs. You are one of the few people I have seen actually deny that

I find it extremely funny that earlier you were downplaying the appeal of Titanfall and now you apparently watched it for "hours". I am as hyped as can be for the game and not even I spent "hours" sitting and watching videos of it.

I did, however, play the game for many many "hours", and know it's a lot more than CoD with mechs. You're actually one of the few people I have seen actually keep that FUD up after playing the game. Even NeoGAF has ended that charade.

Eh, I watched and played it at my GF's brother's house on his XBOne?

kowenicki said:
manny10032 said:
Hold on! so you're telling me that there is no party chat currently??

there is party chat.

there is also music streaming and suspend/resume... amongst other things.

Ahh ok. Didnt know, so that comment caught me off gaurd

DJEVOLVE said:
COLD_COBRA_ said:
No. That titanic is already sunk. Throwing a couple deck chairs off won't save it.

So is that what happened with the ps3?

At it's current point it was only at

Feb 24th 2007  (PS3 launched Nov. 11th 2006, So this actually gives ps3 a few weeks extra)

PS3 49,869 (-6%) 1,872,722

Hmmmmm Xbox One is at 3.5 million. Seems anyone can turn it around, yet this seems to be the talking point, it's over and DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz

Because Xbox is not a world wide brand like Playstation

Around the Network
manny10032 said:
kowenicki said:
manny10032 said:
Hold on! so you're telling me that there is no party chat currently??

there is party chat.

there is also music streaming and suspend/resume... amongst other things.

Ahh ok. Didnt know, so that comment caught me off gaurd

The music streaming is the main thing the Xbox One has that I am jealous of lol

rolltide101x said:
DJEVOLVE said:
COLD_COBRA_ said:
No. That titanic is already sunk. Throwing a couple deck chairs off won't save it.

Feb 24th 2007  (PS3 launched Nov. 11th 2006, So this actually gives ps3 a few weeks extra)

Hmmmmm Xbox One is at 3.5 million. Seems anyone can turn it around, yet this seems to be the talking point, it's over and DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz

WHAT? So Xbox One sold more in it's first months because it's not world wide brand, Seems that you have accidently made the case that XBox One is doing even better in it's current situation. So Xbox One in your theory will make history sales come back this GEN? GOOD POINT>

Europe will get a small bump from Titanfall releasing, but not much more. They've already had games bundled for free so it's not going to attract people looking for a lower cost. Uk is the exception, but the damage seems to have already been done over there. 30 pound price cut will help of course, but I only see it stopping sales from getting worse.

The US is a different situation. Titanfall should be biggest here and we have the most 360 fans. Again though I only see the bundle giving a short temporay boost instead of a long term one. It'll hopefully convince Titanfall buyers to get the game on XBONE, but I don't see it attracting new people to the game or system.

Twitch streaming and party chat mean squat. They're good for XBONE owners and good ammunition in the fanboy warz, but that's it. Sony is marketing game streaming right now with TV ads, so Microsoft would need to do the same. Otherwise most potential buyers will not know it's there. With Party Chat, no one knows it even has issues except for core gamers. The vast majority of potential buyers would assume it's been working perfectly since launch. Really both of these should only help stop negative PR surrounding Titanfall's launch.

So no I don't think it's a turn around. It'll just stop things from getting worse.

rolltide101x said:
J_Allard said:
rolltide101x said:

I find it extremely funny that earlier you were downplaying the appeal of Titanfall and now you apparently watched it for "hours". I am as hyped as can be for the game and not even I spent "hours" sitting and watching videos of it.

I did, however, play the game for many many "hours", and know it's a lot more than CoD with mechs. You're actually one of the few people I have seen actually keep that FUD up after playing the game. Even NeoGAF has ended that charade.

Eh, I watched and played it at my GF's brother's house on his XBOne?

Cool? So we're back to your opinion that it's a CoD clone.

DJEVOLVE said:
rolltide101x said:
DJEVOLVE said:
COLD_COBRA_ said:

WHAT? So Xbox One sold more in it's first months because it's not world wide brand, Seems that you have accidently made the case that XBox One is doing even better in it's current situation. So Xbox One in your theory will make history sales come back this GEN? GOOD POINT>

Ok? You knew what I meant when I said "Xbox is not a world wide brand" if the U.S. and UK move on to something else there goes the majority of the Xbox user base where Playstation does pretty solid in pretty much any country you can name