By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - March 11th Turnaround? (Titanfall, Price cut, Twitch Streaming, Party Chat)

It's still a new IP without a worldwide price drop I don't see any boost lasting over a month. I have my doubts about Xbox One beating the PS4 in next months NPD(I hope that wasn't to off topic).

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

Around the Network
rolltide101x said:
J_Allard said:
rolltide101x said:
J_Allard said:
rolltide101x said:

I have watched hours of Titanfall and have played it for a couple of hours and IT IS CoD with mechs. You are one of the few people I have seen actually deny that

I find it extremely funny that earlier you were downplaying the appeal of Titanfall and now you apparently watched it for "hours". I am as hyped as can be for the game and not even I spent "hours" sitting and watching videos of it.

I did, however, play the game for many many "hours", and know it's a lot more than CoD with mechs. You're actually one of the few people I have seen actually keep that FUD up after playing the game. Even NeoGAF has ended that charade.

Eh, I watched and played it at my GF's brother's house on his XBOne?

Cool? So we're back to your opinion that it's a CoD clone.

It is also the opinion of everybody I know who has played it? (Including my GFs Brother). He is probably the most unbiased gamer I have ever met so I tend to ask him about things quite a bit since he doesnt seem to put his heart into it as much as the rest of us.

Of course the flip side to that is I know no one willing to simplify Titanfall down to that moniker, especially after having actually played it. Either way, what you're describing is still nothing more than an opinion. It being "CoD with mechs" is in no way factual.

Like I said before, even GAF changed their tune after actually playing it. When a typically anti-Xbone site like that is willing to open up and praise the game and realize it's something more, that's pretty substantial.

selnor1983 said:
For US and UK gamers The One has to be the choice. It has currently more exclusives, Titanfall this gens most hyped game and an awesome price point for entry. Many who haven't bought yet could hardly not choose Xboox One at this price with the gennerations most praised and hyped game so far. Being able to play Forza 5, Killer Instinct, DR3 and Ryse are just bonuses. With Quantum Break and and Sunset Overdrive just around the corner to.

This Buundle will make some very big waves.

Actually the PS4 has more exclusive games than the XB1 right now if I am not mistaken. I think it has aroung 15 or 16 while the XB1 has around 12 or 13 I can't remember the exact number though. And this is a GREAT deal for the UK with the price cut indeed! But I don't know I thought for the UK the Fifa 14 bundle was better because that is more the type of game that sales there if I am not msitaken as well.

I also agree that Titanfall is without a doubt currently the most hyped game of the gen there is no denying that. I just don't understand why they are not giving like an additional $50 dollars off in teh US as well with the Titanfall bundle and only doing it for the UK. When the US is EASILY their strongest market. Andyway I am sure this bundle will sell VERY well and give the XB1 a very nice boost.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Seece said:
sabastian said:
In all reality, this Titanfall Free download and price cut is ONLY in UK...

XBone is loosing to the PS4 in the US, UK, EU and now their getting smashed in Japan.

What is this really going to change ? Yes UK numbers will rise, but remember UK/ EU gamer's already got FIFA free with their launch bundle. I would think FIFA is a bigger game than Titanfall in that part of the world.........

Dude I just corrected you, the Titanfall bundled is worldwide.

I think he is saying in his post that for the UK specifically that Fifa was/is way bigger than Titanfall and that he thinks the Fifa bundle would have been the one to shift more consoles. At least I think that is what he is trying to say.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

kowenicki said:

Well I cant see any reason why someone looking to move to next gen wouldn't happily chose the ONE looking at the situation as it stands right now.

This will change of course over time, but as of right now the ONE looks like a better bet to me. Garden warfare and Titanfall alone should be a decent draw for people.

Here. Let me list some reasons some people wouldn't happily choose the ONE.

1. Some people prefer Sony exlusives.

2. Some people prefer to play superior versions of 3rd party games.

3. Some people don't want to be forced to purchase Kinect as they have no interest in it.

4. Some people simply don't trust Microsoft after the crap they tried to pull with always online and DRM.

5. Some people remember how Microsoft exlusives dried up towards the end of the 360, while the PS3 kept releasing big games.

6. Some people just go for the outright cheaper option.

7. Some people prefer to own the most powerful console.

Hopefully this has enlightened you.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Around the Network

Good to see Xbox fans coming out their holes, they will be gone next NPD and/or next big multiplat game comes out.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

March will be interesting for MS. They basically have three Xboxes competing with each other(Titanfall Bundle, Standard Bundle, and Day One Edition).

lukeroux said:
Good to see Xbox fans coming out their holes, they will be gone next NPD and/or next big multiplat game comes out.

Must have this place confused with another forum. Xbox fans are smaller in numbers than the other 2 consoles but no one went hiding into some hole and the only people who will care when NPD rolls around are the same people who always care (PS4 fans).

The next big multi release is GOTG Titanfall so yeah good luck getting Xbone owners to hide with that releasing. Actually it might look like we are hiding off in a hole but actually we'll just be enthralled in FPS perfection.

kowenicki said:
lukeroux said:
kowenicki said:

Well I cant see any reason why someone looking to move to next gen wouldn't happily chose the ONE looking at the situation as it stands right now.

This will change of course over time, but as of right now the ONE looks like a better bet to me. Garden warfare and Titanfall alone should be a decent draw for people.

100e/usd more to play Titanfall? I'll pass. I already have party chat and streaming on my PS4.

But its just the games that matter right???

We have party chat too... had it for years on xbox you know.  Streaming?  You mean Twitch?  the best version now on ONE?

and how is it the best version? just because? 

No, I think it's too late already. MS is soon going to get rid of the Xbox business and sell it to another company and all in all this is gonna be a short generation for Xbone.

MS screwed up everything with that DRM and no used games fiasco, it lost the generation right there. On top of that mandutory Kinect, $500 launch price and weak gaming performance didn't help.