By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1080p & 30 fps vs 720p & 60 fps

1080p & 30 fps or 720p & 60 fps?

1080p with 30 fps 116 50.22%

720p with 60 fps 115 49.78%

Total:231

Some say 30fps is fine in some genres but even if that's the case why are you satisfied with fine? 900p and 720p is fine for HD gaming and yet all I hear is 1080p herp derp. Ha double standards never get old.

Around the Network

If it never dips below 30fps then 1080p. If it does, neither.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

BluGamer23 said:
is this another thread trying to justify xbone?

yes

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Lafiel said:

many genres work absolutely fine with (constant) 30fps and profit from the higher picture clarity of 1080p, yet for heavily reaction or timing reliant games 60fps definitely is an improvement and should be the main focus in their development

This.

the author of the article is the same person who made these posts on neogaf regarding titanfall and is now banned

Originally Posted by JLeack

So much for gamers saying gameplay over graphics.

I think the game looks good and has a solid presentation. More importantly, it's fun as heck to play.

Have you played it? It WILL BE a system seller regardless of beta.

Wow. Fanboys want this game to fail so badly. I can't wait to see what they have to say when the review scores and sales blow up next month.

GL HF.

and this

Originally Posted by Jonathan Leack

It's really sad to see the Gran Turismo series become so stagnant. It's like it wants to grow up but just doesn't know how.

Xbox One is beating the PS4 at the sales race for Black Friday weekend. I wonder how this will be spun...

Sony messed up tragically with the PS4 launch. My PS4 is already a Netflix-only machine. You had so much time..

I was also banned from NeoGAF for nothing. Its moderation staff is corrupt. At least we aren't alone in this awful experience.

Banned from NeoGAF for saying something completely harmless. Who runs this forum? The USSR?

I know the PS4 is being glorified, but it's far from perfect. For one, its OS UI is basic and boring. Not a far departure from the XMB.

NeoGAF is so anti-Xbox it's ridiculous. I thought it was a forum for discussing video games, not marching with Sony emblazoned lightsabers.

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Around the Network

720p and 60fps for FPS and Racers, 1080p and 30fps for all others.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

GL HF.

and this

It's really sad to see the Gran Turismo series become so stagnant. It's like it wants to grow up but just doesn't know how.

Xbox One is beating the PS4 at the sales race for Black Friday weekend. I wonder how this will be spun...

Sony messed up tragically with the PS4 launch. My PS4 is already a Netflix-only machine. You had so much time..

I was also banned from NeoGAF for nothing. Its moderation staff is corrupt. At least we aren't alone in this awful experience.

Banned from NeoGAF for saying something completely harmless. Who runs this forum? The USSR?

I know the PS4 is being glorified, but it's far from perfect. For one, its OS UI is basic and boring. Not a far departure from the XMB.

NeoGAF is so anti-Xbox it's ridiculous. I thought it was a forum for discussing video games, not marching with Sony emblazoned lightsabers.

Not trying to justify or validate his article or anything. It was just that after reading it it got me thinking, that if these consoles couldnt do both, and I/we had to choose one or the other, what would be the preffered choice

FATALITY said:

the author of the article is the same person who made these posts on neogaf regarding titanfall and is now banned

So much for gamers saying gameplay over graphics. 

I think the game looks good and has a solid presentation. More importantly, it's fun as heck to play.

Have you played it? It WILL BE a system seller regardless of beta.

Wow. Fanboys want this game to fail so badly. I can't wait to see what they have to say when the review scores and sales blow up next month.

EDIT: im really surprised by the poll results, its right down the middle (ed-edited as put the edit in wrong place)

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

That sounds more like shitty optimizing than anything. Killzone:SF looked a fair bit better than Thief and the story ran at 1080p/30-40fps with not problems :/

Depends on the case but in case I don't know the case, I'll happily take 60 FPS any day. Gameplay > graphics, and 720p is already good enough that the game'll look good.

BluGamer23 said:

I think you fail to realize that both options have to render the same amount of pixels per second, i.e. they're very much equally demanding. It's not about choosing your preference between a seemingly better option and a seemingly worse option, it's about choosing between two 'equal' options.

EDIT: For comparison, 720p@60 is 55296000 pixels per second, 1080p@30 is 62208000 pixels per second. 1080p@60 has exactly 12.5% more pixels per second so technically it is better but really, a 12.5% difference is neglible. For example, you'd have a really hard time noticing a 12.5% difference in resolution alone.

BluGamer23 said:

What gave it away? The title? This discussion about accepting a lower resolution because you can see it all of a sudden is utterly stupid. We're gamers, WE'RE THE FIRST ONES TO NOTICE.