By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1080p & 30 fps vs 720p & 60 fps

1080p & 30 fps or 720p & 60 fps?

1080p with 30 fps 116 50.22%

720p with 60 fps 115 49.78%

Total:231

Why does everything have to boil down to trying to justify something else?

I was saying if both the PS4 and XBox One were in the same boat and the people making the game had to choose one or the other, which would you desire more? nothing else.

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

Around the Network

After playing Tomb Raider for a few days on PS4, I can honestly say that neither is a huge deal to me anymore. It's 1080p at 60fps but I think I'd enjoy it just as much if it were 720p/30fps. I bought it for the improvements but it ain't really that much better and half the time I ignore 'em. Luckily, I liked the game A LOT when I played it last year (and played it for a few hours a few weeks ago) so I regret nothing. Having a blast playing it to completion a second time.

Everything aside, "60 fps" has always been a marketing play, and it is now more then ever, it's never locked 60 fps, often it is only ~45, "60 fps" is always a choice in a situation when there is locked 30 won't do shit to the graphics.

So, yes, in a choice between better graphics(not just resolution) and HFR(30+), i always choose first.

Nintendo 2018

English is not my native language.
Brutalyst said:

I was saying if both the PS4 and XBox One were in the same boat and the people making the game had to choose one or the other, which would you desire more? nothing else.

That's what I was thinking, how is anyone tyring to justify the Xbox One? It's a logical argument, 60 fps or 30 fps? 

eFKac said:
Depending on game per game basis. Racing, sports, fighting, 2D platformers (especially the arcade, not puzzle ones), fast paced gameplay shooters I would probably rather have in 60fps. Everything else give me 1080p and stable 30fps and I'm good to go.

Ohh and I would wait for DF analysis over believing some random site, that I doubt have means of directly counting frames.

Anyone can download a "frame counter"...

Around the Network

But if it came down to things, I'd take 1080p and 30fps over 720p 60fps. It would be nice to have both on gaming consoles though. I'm surprised 720p is winning in the poll right now but that will probably change.

Brutalyst said:

cuz if u don't outright bash the Xbone when talking about resolution it means you're trying to "justify" it.

Brutalyst said:

GL HF.

and this

Originally Posted by Jonathan Leack

It's really sad to see the Gran Turismo series become so stagnant. It's like it wants to grow up but just doesn't know how.

Xbox One is beating the PS4 at the sales race for Black Friday weekend. I wonder how this will be spun...

Sony messed up tragically with the PS4 launch. My PS4 is already a Netflix-only machine. You had so much time..

I was also banned from NeoGAF for nothing. Its moderation staff is corrupt. At least we aren't alone in this awful experience.

Banned from NeoGAF for saying something completely harmless. Who runs this forum? The USSR?

I know the PS4 is being glorified, but it's far from perfect. For one, its OS UI is basic and boring. Not a far departure from the XMB.

NeoGAF is so anti-Xbox it's ridiculous. I thought it was a forum for discussing video games, not marching with Sony emblazoned lightsabers.

Not trying to justify or validate his article or anything. It was just that after reading it it got me thinking, that if these consoles couldnt do both, and I/we had to choose one or the other, what would be the preffered choice

FATALITY said:

the author of the article is the same person who made these posts on neogaf regarding titanfall and is now banned

Originally Posted by JLeack 

So much for gamers saying gameplay over graphics. 

I think the game looks good and has a solid presentation. More importantly, it's fun as heck to play.

Have you played it? It WILL BE a system seller regardless of beta.

Wow. Fanboys want this game to fail so badly. I can't wait to see what they have to say when the review scores and sales blow up next month.

EDIT: im really surprised by the poll results, its right down the middle (ed-edited as put the edit in wrong place)

I say we should wait for DF face off.

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

seeing Bayonetta 2 at 60fps- i'd go for 720p and 60fps

I like how close the numbers are. Like me personally, I can't tell 30fps from 60 fps but by damn i can see 720p vs 1080p...on my tv anyway, my tv spits out 720p like crap and makes 1080p look like heaven (being 60+ inches might have something to do with this though :P), while on the flipside I know there are lots of people out there that are the exact opposite of me. 50/50 sounds like a good split for something like this :)

Thanks jlmurph!