By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Brothers has killed my desire to play video games...

Yeah, and I'm majorly disappointed that so many people won't stop bitching about the roster.  Especially since most of the people bitching have minor knowledge of the series at best, and are ruining the experience for people who do love the franchise and aren't whiney little babies about it. 

Around the Network

What's wrong with the roster? Please don't say Ridley. PLEASE

The roster is perfectly fine, and Ridley shouldn't be a playable character anyway.

naznatips said:
Yeah, and I'm majorly disappointed that so many people won't stop bitching about the roster. Especially since most of the people bitching have minor knowledge of the series at best, and are ruining the experience for people who do love the franchise and aren't whiney little babies about it.

*Ahem*

Absolutely nothing is wrong with the roster other then people wanting to see these off the wall leaked rosters come true, they raised their own expectations so high they ruined the revelations for themselves. A great amount of characters, each with their own unique feel, some clones return with new twists and make themselves their own name then taking everything from another character, also lots of reports of a more balanced game, Ness is still a character for experienced players but now you got Dedede and Sonic to add to it, if you know how to use them you can destroy people.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

my only remote complaint with the roster is that metroid, such a big series is so poorly represented. 2 different versions of Samus and that's all. Other than that, I am incredibly pleased with the roster. if it just had 1 more metroid character (Dark samus, Rundas or any of the other hunters, ridley, plenty of possibilities), I would be like %5000 happy with the roster (as it stands I'm only %3000 happy with the roster, DeDeDe FTW!). Man I can't wait for this game.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I'm mildly excited to see how silly all the new Nintendo shit they throw in is, but I don't think it's going to be much of an evolution in gameplay or anything. I don't get the explosive OMIGODS over it.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
Since I'm reeling from the mild dissapointment of the much smaller than expected character roster (yeah I know I'm petty and picky) I was able to escape the event horizon of the hype created by this game.

Pretty much how I feel too. The roster could've/should've been better.

Explain. Do you really want crappy characters like Daisy and King K. Rool cluttering up the roster?

Or are you one of those unrealistic expectations people who expected Simon Belmont, Mega-man, Cloud, and Rayman all together?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

well i also like to play other games,but waiting for smash bros does distract me a little

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

The_vagabond7 said:
my only remote complaint with the roster is that metroid, such a big series is so poorly represented. 2 different versions of Samus and that's all. Other than that, I am incredibly pleased with the roster. if it just had 1 more metroid character (Dark samus, Rundas or any of the other hunters, ridley, plenty of possibilities), I would be like %5000 happy with the roster (as it stands I'm only %3000 happy with the roster, DeDeDe FTW!). Man I can't wait for this game.
Samus is the only prominent character in the Metroid franchise. Most Metroid fans hate the idea of adding another character to the series because they feel Samus should remain as a lone bounty Hunter. The enemies are better left for the SSE rather than being in the roster. Who would really fit in?