By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Brothers has killed my desire to play video games...

This game make me the most hyped I feel in my life.

Around the Network

Most Metroid fans don't like the other Hunters, Ridley's best suited as a boss in SSE, a Metroid is best as an AT...the only other I can think of is Dark Samus which might have been cool...but it doesn't bother me too much that there isn't a Dark Samus.

If I could have had one more reasonable character on the roster it would have been Wolf Link and Midna, preferably separate from regular Link...but switching with B-down might have worked.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I'm waiting for it, but that doesn't make me forget about the other games (I can remenber any name, but I'm sure there is more of them)

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Dark Samus would be my most wanted. She could've had a very different moveset from samus, and been a nice nod to the recent prime series.

People don't have to discredit every single character that people suggest. If K.Rool had made it in instead of DeDeDe then you'd be saying how stupid of a character DeDeDe is, and he shouldn't have been in it as much as K.Rool. The roster is fine, it's great, it shouldn't be bashed as much as it is. But not every character suggestion is a bad one, idealistic maybe, but not bad.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

kinda. I wan't Brawl so bad!

Around the Network

Interesting kid.

"Like you know"

The_vagabond7 said:
Dark Samus would be my most wanted. She could've had a very different moveset from samus, and been a nice nod to the recent prime series.

People don't have to discredit every single character that people suggest. If K.Rool had made it in instead of DeDeDe then you'd be saying how stupid of a character DeDeDe is, and he shouldn't have been in it as much as K.Rool. The roster is fine, it's great, it shouldn't be bashed as much as it is. But not every character suggestion is a bad one, idealistic maybe, but not bad.<---not directed at anyone individually.
they're not bad suggestions but they also aren't all that realistic. All the big names are in there so if some obscure characters make it over others that's no reason to be upset about the roster. I wanted Cloud Strife in there, didn't get him, I still like the roster. That's cause there was no reason for me to realistically expect Cloud. Characters like King K. Rool and Ridley aren't exactly Nintendo's biggest stars.

Edouble24 said:

...not named Smash Brothers Melee/Brawl. Have you ever wanted a game so much that you can't focus on playing any other game? This is the first time I've experienced this but it's as if my reason for playing video games is just to play Super Smash Brothers! I really can't play another game without getting bored and wanting to play Brawl, but unable to, so I pop in Melee, which only makes me wanna play Brawl even more. I've only become like this since the delay from Dec 3rd, and even great games like Galaxy and Mass Effect had me playing through thinking about Smash.

So what's the point of this story? There is none! I just felt like posting it. 

Smash Brothers is basically my religion now. March 4th(day I get Brawl) is going to be the greatest day in the history of mankind!

yes i have a similar problem i cant get away from counter strike source its so addictive!!! and i cant get away from Red alert2 yuris revenge and move on to new command and conquer games ;_;

Edouble24 said:  I wish I were you.

Even he doesn't wish he was him.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

I simply just hoped popular and appropriate characters like Midna and Krystal included, there is no reason either couldn't have made the grade. Also since they said there was room for a third 3rd party character most of us assumed there would be one.

Dissapointed or not, Everyone in this thread expected a larger roster, stop kidding yourselves. I'm not that bothered by it, nor should anyone else, but to say I was unphased by it would have just been a lie. Honestly I'm bothered more by Wolf's Final Smash than the roster, but even then that's not a big deal what-so-ever.

I don't appreciate the fact everyone here assumes my comment on the issue means I had wide eyed expectations of everything from Sephiroth to George W. Bush being in this game. I may make fantasy roster threads, but that's more food for thought and something to do in the mean time until this game comes out.