By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does anyone still think Mario Kart 8/Smash Bros. 4/Price Cuts/etc. will save Wii U? <(o_O<)

Wii U doomed to Gamecube-like sales?

Yep, sadly... 340 49.85%

No! Believe it! 340 49.85%

Total:680
snowdog said:
I think the Xbox One is in more trouble. Nintendo have the biggest collection of system selling franchises in the business, Microsoft have bugger all in comparison.

Halo and Gears says hi

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
oniyide said:
for people who keep asking for the definition of saved. its right there in the OP. Being saved from GC like sales.

THANK YOU!!!

Like jeez people! If the OP and the Poll weren't enough to spell it out for yah, I even went and clarified what I meant after the first dozen people asked, but yet, you all still kept asking! xD

How much higher than GC does it need to go to be saved? Is 21.75m saved?

Has to be closer to N64 than GC, as then it's not GC-like sales, it's N64-like sales!

Alrighty, but why is GC doomed but N64 saved?

Because this thread is about Wii U and how it's currently doomed to sell less than the GC in the same time frame, but if it somehow turns things around and starts selling like the N64 or any other system really, then it'll have been saved from selling like the GC.

He has to be trolling. GC is universally regarded as a flop console, N64 not so much. Its common sense.

Wii U will sell 25-30 million whatever Nintendo does, it is truly doomed specially for the image that the Wii brand earned with the shitty casual original Wii

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

DarkD said:
Rafux said:

Thats your measure? Hahahaha.

I'll tell you something good sir I actually do sell video game and consoles in my third world country (grey market) and the PS4 demand is mind boggling, wish I could get my hands on more PS4 but they are sold out. You are free to file that under anecdotal of course.

It's not a great measure, but its the only one that actually works.  Just because its popular in one place doesn't mean its popular everywhere.  Japan for instance had ample supplies of consoles as long as several days after the console launched.  I'd say that's pretty pathetic.  Then again Japan isn't representative of everywhere.  

Anyways, I've proven that I have an argument.  Unless you can disprove me by showing me something more definitive than one isolated electronics stores console demand, then I've won our argument.  Who's right about the argument is yet to be seen, but I've proven the argument exists.  

The point of the argument is this: You said PS4 will only sell 70M

Even PS3 with a desastrous launch, 600$ price, not being sold out at launch and having lost a lot of market share to Nintendo and MS managed to reach 80M but PS4 which is outpacing PS3 by a huge margin and being the current market share leader is not going to reach 70M?

I'm not saying is going to sell like the PS2 but it will sure pass 70M

oniyide said:
snowdog said:
I think the Xbox One is in more trouble. Nintendo have the biggest collection of system selling franchises in the business, Microsoft have bugger all in comparison.

Halo and Gears says hi

That's why I said in comparison. Two very important words.

Around the Network

I don't think anything can save the Wii U.

snowdog said:
oniyide said:
snowdog said:

Halo and Gears says hi

That's why I said in comparison. Two very important words.

And i would still say you are wrong. I thnk Halo and even Gears could do more for Xone than Smash or Kart will do for Wii U. Those are the only big movers left.

oniyide said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
oniyide said:
for people who keep asking for the definition of saved. its right there in the OP. Being saved from GC like sales.

THANK YOU!!!

Like jeez people! If the OP and the Poll weren't enough to spell it out for yah, I even went and clarified what I meant after the first dozen people asked, but yet, you all still kept asking! xD

How much higher than GC does it need to go to be saved? Is 21.75m saved?

Has to be closer to N64 than GC, as then it's not GC-like sales, it's N64-like sales!

Alrighty, but why is GC doomed but N64 saved?

Because this thread is about Wii U and how it's currently doomed to sell less than the GC in the same time frame, but if it somehow turns things around and starts selling like the N64 or any other system really, then it'll have been saved from selling like the GC.

He has to be trolling. GC is universally regarded as a flop console, N64 not so much. Its common sense.

Yes im trolling because I want to know why 22 million is considered a total flop but 33 million is completely acceptable. What is the actual defining line between success and failure? According to Einsam its 27.5 million

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

oniyide said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
oniyide said:

Oh come on, it's not trolling, it's just asking questions! That's what you do when you don't know something, are misinformed, or what have you! No one knows everything afterall!

Rafux said:
DarkD said:
Rafux said:

Thats your measure? Hahahaha.

I'll tell you something good sir I actually do sell video game and consoles in my third world country (grey market) and the PS4 demand is mind boggling, wish I could get my hands on more PS4 but they are sold out. You are free to file that under anecdotal of course.

It's not a great measure, but its the only one that actually works.  Just because its popular in one place doesn't mean its popular everywhere.  Japan for instance had ample supplies of consoles as long as several days after the console launched.  I'd say that's pretty pathetic.  Then again Japan isn't representative of everywhere.  

Anyways, I've proven that I have an argument.  Unless you can disprove me by showing me something more definitive than one isolated electronics stores console demand, then I've won our argument.  Who's right about the argument is yet to be seen, but I've proven the argument exists.  

The point of the argument is this: You said PS4 will only sell 70M

Even PS3 with a desastrous launch, 600$ price, not being sold out at launch and having lost a lot of market share to Nintendo and MS managed to reach 80M but PS4 which is outpacing PS3 by a huge margin and being the current market share leader is not going to reach 70M?

I'm not saying is going to sell like the PS2 but it will sure pass 70M

I think the main thing that could keep the PS4 from outdoing the PS2 is it's successor. If I heard correctly, the PS2 sold like 30 million or so even after the PS3 released, a lot in part likely thanks to the mishandling of the PS3. I doubt they'll screw up as badly with the PS5, hopefully! :L