By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is Halo still big enough to save the X1?

I predict 50 M LFT

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

On one hand, I think that Halo hit its high point 2007. Halo 4 sold quite a bit less than 3 and Reach, despite 2 outselling the original. I wouldn't be surprised if Halo 5 only sold about 7 million copies lifetime, less than any main game since the original.

That said, does the One need saving? Halo will definately help the system, Titanfall can be a killer app, and we are still waiting for the first real round of "casual" Kinect games that are almost certain to be in the works. These ought to keep the One at healthy levels. Not to mention the console is still yet to be released in much of the world. North America might be the core of Xboxland, but 35 million 360's were sold elsewhere.

I personally expect the Xbone to reach stable and healthy levels around the release of Titanfall, in less than a month.

Love and tolerate.

kowenicki said:

Your first answer is ridiculous.  You are comparing the sales of the vita with the ONE?  It took the Vita almost a year to get to where the One is after 3 months.

Your second answer is just a lie or a hope... or both.

First: Maybe you should check that the X1 is beeing outsold by the Vita in europe last week.

Secondhttp://www.slashgear.com/will-new-microsoft-ceo-nadella-sell-the-xbox-division-09316229/

http://segmentnext.com/2014/02/15/amazon-currently-talks-microsoft-purchase-xbox-rumor/

http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/05/nokia-head-elop-to-return-to-microsoft-will-head-up-xbox-devices-division/

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/08/rumor-elop-could-sell-off-xbox-and-kill-bing/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/02/05/investors-want-microsofts-new-ceo-to-kill-xbox-bing-and-surface/

Now we see who the liar is. You dont bother to inform yourself and then you're caught with your pants down.

Feel free to bury your head under the sand, but a liar i am not.

Well Nem one thing I would say about your links is that Stephen Elop used the facts that he would get rid of bing and the Xbox division as reasons for the shareholders to get behind him and have him as the CEO which.... didn't happen so obviously there are a number of shareholders there at MS who believe that those brands should not be sold off.

The Amazon thing is new tho, that could be terrible for gamers in my opinion given that Amazon would be rather biased towards all things Xbox and really try to halt sales of the Playstation and Nintendo Brands by being the seller to the consumer.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Saving from what? Xbox One being a success from Microsoft, you need to be a bit more specific because last time I checked the Xbox One did not need any saving.

And Halo is going to sell like hot cakes,

Around the Network

No one game from any franchise is single handedly capable of turning round the fortunes of a single console - OG Xbox had 2 Halo games which I think most people would agree offered the best online FPS experience on consoles at that time and yet still limped only to 24m units

What will keep Xbone far more relevent than WiiU is a combination of strong first party (though I still say MS's first party is weakest of the three, it's still pretty damn good) including Halo, Gears (provided they get it back on track after Judgement's poor sales), Forza and smaller series like Crackdown, as well as what ever new IP they get (Sunset Overdrive for example). Also Xbox is a strong brand and MS has a big chequebook both for third party exclusives and marketing

PS4 is likely to win unless something amazing happens, but Xbone will be OK, though not remarkable

The thing about the X1 is that it started out pretty bad, yet still managed to get a lot of sales. Microsoft has PLENTY of room for improvement for the next year or so; more exclusives to announce, price drops on their console, a possible kinectless bundle, more XBL Games with Gold, and so forth.

The PS4 and Wii U can't do a price drop because both consoles are selling at a point where it's not a loss to them, X1 however can drop price.

its going to come down to the multi if its more like 4 itll sell well but no where near halo standards if the multi goes back to 2/3 then itll sell like past halos

endimion said:
What saving...??? Xbox one is still the most profitable console MS did... It doesn't need saving what so ever... It'll be just fine don't worry...

Is this Don Mattrick?

Wait... why are you still worried about Microsoft?

jake_the_fake1 said:

After all this resolution talk and some what underwhelming weekly sales, many xbox fans I'd assume may feel a lil skeptical about their purchase. A gorgeous looking 1080p Halo 5 at 60fps would do wonders to reinvigorate the fanbase, and it give the XboxOne that Jesus resurrection it sorely needs, like how Halo:CE resurrected the Original Xbox.

Halo was a launch title on the Xbox. So it didn't ressurect it, it was actually the reason a lot of people bought an Xbox in the first place mind. Do you mean Halo 2 an the Xbox Live revolution that took off with it? :)

I agree though a stunning Halo at 1080p/60fps will certainly be the perfect detraction from all the resolution/framerate-gate nonsense that's errupting everywhere.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.