By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is Halo still big enough to save the X1?

ktay95 said:
Enspire said:
ktay95 said:
Enspire said:
Depends what you mean by "saving". It is going to boost its sales for sure, halo is still the biggest exclusive between ps and xbox.

You forget Gran Turismo. Its definitely bigger than Halo even if Sony are trying to kill the series by putting the new game on PS3 -_-

Oh yeah right. Where did that 10mil come

from though? I have a bunch of friends that have uncharted or god of war but barely any play gran turismo?!?

Yeah I play GT but I swear Im the only guy I know that does and yet so many smaller franchises seem to have so many more of my mates playing them

It's a franchise with it's own userbase. A lot of motorsport enthusiasts have a PlayStation just for Gran Turismo. They don't play any other games and will pour hundreds of hours into Gran Turismo. It kind of makes them the ultimate hardcore and ultimate casual gamers simultaneously.

You won't find them posting on sites like this either as they don't care about video games, they're much more likely to be on a car modification/racing club forum discussing their lap times for the game.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
JustThatGamer said:

It's so weird seeing how ill-informed so many people on this site are considering the sales/popularity of video games are the main reasons to come to this site over others.

1. Halo is a much bigger franchise than GT even if most of its sales come from the US. It doesn't depend on bundling to sell 10m+, only GT3 would've achieved such sales without bundling.

Halo is a very heavily bundled title in Europe. Halo 5 will be no different.

Gran Turismo is a much bigger franchise in gaming and more of a system seller outside of Japan. However, as per my post above, a lot of people will buy the console purely for Gran Turismo and so even if it is bundled in, it's something that would have been bought with the console either way to a lot of GT players.

As for the OT, Halo will give the system a nice bump in the US, but they're going to have to find something that actually appeals to European gamers to have any chance of competing here.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

No main Halo game will ever bomb the way Gran Turismo 6 did.

JustThatGamer said:

1. Halo is a much bigger franchise than GT even if most of its sales come from the US. It doesn't depend on bundling to sell 10m+, only GT3 would've achieved such sales without bundling.

Right. The numbers from Europe and Rest of the World are entirely a result of bundling. Gtfo..

Gran Turismo 1-5: 29.36 mill = 5.87 mill on avg.

Halo 1-4 + Reach + ODST: 14.13 mill = 2.36 mill on avg. (2.41 on avg. without Reach and ODST)

depends...if kinect is still in the box then the xbox will certainly be fighting the wii-u with its smash bros and mario kart tooth and nail for 2nd place...w/o kinect (which i know is considered blasphemy to most) and microsoft will easily come 2nd for the first time in a console gen

Thanks jlmurph!

Around the Network

It's a while off though and they are quite a few games between now and then. Xbox One is doing decent anyway. It will have a good sized fanbase i think

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

BreedinBull said:
depends...if kinect is still in the box then the xbox will certainly be fighting the wii-u with its smash bros and mario kart tooth and nail for 2nd place...w/o kinect (which i know is considered blasphemy to most) and microsoft will easily come 2nd for the first time in a console gen

Removing Kinect would be the dumbest thing they could do. It is what makes the console stand out. Dropping the price while keeping Kinect in the box seems like the better option. Regardless Xbox One will easily outsell Wii U and it won't even be close. 

Save from what?

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Xbox doesn't Need to be saved, that's for sure. I can't wait to put my Hands on the next Halo

Many are still in the state of denial, i see.

Of course, unavailable ps4 weekly outselling 2,5 times perfectly available X1 for price below retail is not bad at all. :D

History, and last year is not even history yet, teaches nothing.
Or maybe it's just very short memory, most seems to have, and inability to analyze.

Actually, it's mostly fanboyism, otherwise X1 wouldn't even have $2,5m by now, MS fanbase is stronger than Nintendo.

Nintendo 2018

English is not my native language.