By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is Halo still big enough to save the X1?

If by "save" you mean turn the ship around? As is expected Mario to do with the WiiU? Both consoles will garner sales, but I think Master Chief will right that ship with as much potential as the plumber: not a tremendous difference maker...

Around the Network
leyendax69 said:
Enspire said:
leyendax69 said:

Not sure what you meant with that tbh. My point is, Gran Turismo is comparable to halo if we talk about sales so you can't say "Where did that 10mil come from?" , when the series has been selling 10+ millions since the first game.

I meant im suprised it sold that much because I never see people playing it.
I know a shiton of people who play cod on ps3, but barely any that play GT, and im supposed to belive the numbers are the same? Im not denying it, its just really suprising since in NA at least first person shooters feel like 50x > racing games.

And yes i know its comparable to halo since it sold better, but gt1 and gt2 and mabye gt3 i dont even know were on ps2, which had like a huge ass install base compares to xbox. 

Will the next Halo be huge and will it sell a shit ton of games and will it increase the xbone user base: Yes. Looking forward to playing it, hopefully the MP doesn't suck.

MonstaTruk said:
If by "save" you mean turn the ship around? As is expected Mario to do with the WiiU? Both consoles will garner sales, but I think Master Chief will right that ship with as much potential as the plumber: not a tremendous difference maker...

Yeah, i think there is pretty much nothing to do to "save" the console, except making a new one(without flawed HW).

Although, they could achieve half of ps4 sales/beat the Wii U, at least, if they would start making some awesome exclusives(new IP's mostly) and selling X1 for $349(w/out garbage Kinect that no one needs) as soon as possible(Holiday 2014, the latest).

Nintendo 2018

English is not my native language.

it will certainly help - dropping the price to something more enticing and provide a constant stream of games will be more than enough to rejuvenate the xbox one. Xbox One is not in a terrible predicament like the Wii U - I am still optimistic that both consoles will be successful in their own right.

Around the Network

Mind what are you talking about... Not even half of the halo fan base has bought an Xbox one granted every buyer so far are halo fans....

HW is not flawed by any means.... And it will do way more than half PS4 LT sales.... It needs no saving and will do just fine....
4 months in, with a higher price tag, very few games, a lot of software tweaks to be made, a lot of SW add ons to be launched, and not even globally deployed... It is doing perfectly fine....and will only get better with time

mind said:
MonstaTruk said:

Yeah, i think there is pretty much nothing to do to "save" the console, except making a new one(without flawed HW).

Although, they could achieve half of ps4 sales/beat the Wii U, at least, if they would start making some awesome exclusives(new IP's mostly) and selling X1 for $349(w/out garbage Kinect that no one needs) as soon as possible(Holiday 2014, the latest).

I agree that the KINECT needs to go the way of the DoDo bird.  With that being gone IMMEDIATELY (like should've never launched with it IMMEDIATELY), they can make adjustments to make this gen more of a fight.  The WiiU needs a Nintendo culture change/Iwata being fired to make it "successful"...

No. Honestly by the time Halo 5 is coming out that series will be nearly obsolete.

Xbone is in huge trouble and you will see a big change soon. Remember you read it here first.

Slimebeast said:
No. Honestly by the time Halo 5 is coming out that series will be nearly obsolete.

Xbone is in huge trouble and you will see a big change soon. Remember you read it here first.

I agree.  Any ONE game/series isn't going to be Xbox One's White Knight.

As far as the big change goes, anything less than KINECT hitting garbage cans WW is just pissing in the wind.  And I would kill the Xbox Division, if I was the new bossman...

MonstaTruk said:
Slimebeast said:

I agree.  Any ONE game/series isn't going to be Xbox One's White Knight.

As far as the big change goes, anything less than KINECT hitting garbage cans WW is just pissing in the wind.  And I would kill the Xbox Division, if I was the new bossman...

Yes, Xbox will not remain inside Microsoft through the full run of this console generation.