By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PVZ: GW 900p 60fps on XBOX ONE

TheSting said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
The fact that the Xbone is already struggling is really bad news. If it can't run this at 1080, then hope every enjoys their poor graphics.

Poor graphics????? Lol this dude actually believes this. Game isnt 1080 its shit. We should all give up now. Raise the white flag. Forget having a good time. Unless the game is in 1080p you wont. The mindset tho

Ha, well now we know you play on a small tv which has a crappy picture.

I've been playing at 1080p now for 4 years and it makes a huge difference. Seeing that the xbone can't compensate by then cranking up the AA on it, you are going to get very poor images. Also as games are now looking to go beyond 1080 and need to for larger tvs eg 46 inch +, the xbone is going to become dated pretty quickly.

FinalFantasyXIII said:
TheSting said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
The fact that the Xbone is already struggling is really bad news. If it can't run this at 1080, then hope every enjoys their poor graphics.

Poor graphics????? Lol this dude actually believes this. Game isnt 1080 its shit. We should all give up now. Raise the white flag. Forget having a good time. Unless the game is in 1080p you wont. The mindset tho

But oh NOoooooOOOoOoooOooooooooooo!!!!! Only 720p or 900p!!!! Time to quit gaming!!!!

Uh no.

It is funny considerig from Atar/NES/Genesis/SNES/PS1 people didn't even question resolution. They were playing on 240i for decades having fun. I think there's a lot of sad people in the world that are mad at other things in their lives, but can't deal with them in a positive way so they come on game forums sites and take out their real life problems and constantly complain about game resolutions. It makes much more sense than anything else they say imo.

For £450 you can't do what people have been doing for 4 years on a PC? That is you being scammed and not wanting to face up to reality. Thing is, all xbone owners I know irl are all disappointed with their xbone and describe it as a slightly better looking 360. This will become more apparent as consoles need more power to do new features, ergo the xbone won't be able to do anything new.

Pahahaha, you do know why people didn't go on about resolutions? Does that honestly need to be spelt out for you?

Around the Network

2nd wave games will be 1080p/60fps.

Listen to devs not Internet fanboys.

"Jean-Baptiste Bolcato told GamingBolt that the team struggled with the system's eSRAM at first, describing the first few months with the Xbox One as "hell". "

"I think eSRAM is easy to use. Part of the problem is that it's just a little bit too small to output 1080p within that size. It's such a small size within there that we can't do everything in 1080p with that little buffer of super-fast RAM.

"It means you have to do it in chunks or using tricks, tiling it and so on.

"It's a bit like the reverse of the PS3. PS3 was harder to programme for than the Xbox 360. Now it seems like everything has reversed but it doesn't mean it's far less powerful - it's just a pain in the ass to start with. We are on fine ground now but the first few months were hell."

"They are releasing a new SDK that's much faster and we will be comfortably running at 1080p on Xbox One," he said.

"We were worried six months ago and we are not anymore, it's got better and they are quite comparable machines. "

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a550445/rebellion-xbox-one-1080p-issues-can-be-fixed.html

TheJimbo1234 said:
TheSting said:
TheJimbo1234 said:

I've been playing at 1080p now for 4 years and it makes a huge difference. Seeing that the xbone can't compensate by then cranking up the AA on it, you are going to get very poor images. Also as games are now looking to go beyond 1080 and need to for larger tvs eg 46 inch +, the xbone is going to become dated pretty quickly.

I can tell the difference between 1080P and 1440P on only a 27" monitor.
I can tell the difference between 720P and 1080P on a 5" phone.

Resolution is all but one facet of a games graphics.
Resolution+Panel Size+Viewing distance is a much bigger factor than *just* resolution.

If it's your main worry when it comes to gaming, then you better quit consoles, pick up a $300-$350 1440P monitor and get into PC gaming. (Don't worry, all your exclusives are belong to us, eventually.)

Personally, for me anything less than 1440P makes my eyes bleed, but I'm willing to make the sacrifice to only 720P or 1080P for an exclusive or two, but that's as far as it goes.
With that in mind, the Xbox One is still going to have fantastic looking games, so will the Playstation 4, just enjoy the damn games people.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I think they made it 900p on purpose so that people talk about it. If the game was 1080p, nobody would have cared about it at all. At least there wouldn't be a 10 pages thread right here.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Pemalite said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
TheSting said:
TheJimbo1234 said:

Resolution+Panel Size+Viewing distance is a much bigger factor than *just* resolution.

If it's your main worry when it comes to gaming, then you better quit consoles, pick up a $300-$350 1440P monitor and get into PC gaming. (Don't worry, all your exclusives are belong to us, eventually.)

Personally, for me anything less than 1440P makes my eyes bleed, but I'm willing to make the sacrifice to only 720P or 1080P for an exclusive or two, but that's as far as it goes.
With that in mind, the Xbox One is still going to have fantastic looking games, so will the Playstation 4, just enjoy the damn games people.

Well I do just PC game now because I can run 1080p + at 60 fps with much better graphics options, which makes for a far better experience. Just play Metro 2033 on ultra on pc then on a console. Huge difference in immersion.

Around the Network
TheJimbo1234 said:
Pemalite said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
TheSting said:
TheJimbo1234 said:

Well I do just PC game now because I can run 1080p + at 60 fps with much better graphics options, which makes for a far better experience. Just play Metro 2033 on ultra on pc then on a console. Huge difference in immersion.

Nah, Try playing Metro in eyefinity, that's on an entirely different level of immersion and hardware requirements...

Pemalite said:

TheJimbo1234 said:

Nah, Try playing Metro in eyefinity, that's on an entirely different level of immersion and hardware requirements...

Ooo yea, that would be nice - I just lack room for 3 monitors =(. That being said, I think things will get interesting when the Ocolus Rift comes out. If the consoles can't support that nor the resolution required, then goodbye consoles and hello powerhouse PCs.

ok somebody stop be if I have the wrong Idea but Jimbo says he's been playing 1080p for 4 years on PC.

Were all the games released in PC native 1080p?
Does changing the PC's settings change the native resolution of a game?
Or isn't that basically the same thing as upscaling to 1080p like the xbox one does automatically?

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Too_Talls said:
ok somebody stop be if I have the wrong Idea but Jimbo says he's been playing 1080p for 4 years on PC.

Were all the games released in PC native 1080p?
Does changing the PC's settings change the native resolution of a game?
Or isn't that basically the same thing as upscaling to 1080p like the xbox one does automatically?

PC's for over a decade have been capable of playing games at native 1080P.
There are only three things required in order for it to work.
1) Display that supports it.
2) Hardware to maintain the performance.
3) The software/games to support it.

The PC can upscale, a large portion of monitors also have upscalers as well as the GPU's themselves.
However when you select a game like the origional Halo: Combat Evolved, you have a maximum resolution of 1600x1200. (Or some such.)
If you edit Halo's Configuration file (Or add -w1920 -h1080 into the shortcut) it will run at full 1080P without any upscaling.

Games don't need to be natively run at 1080P to benefit from 1080P, it's only a resolution, there is no special work for it to magically happen and for you to see benefits from it.