By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PVZ: GW 900p 60fps on XBOX ONE

kowenicki said:
Gotta deflect those games coming to Xbox ONE first somehow huh?  

Zing!

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
Krill said:
daredevil.shark said:
Krill said:
daredevil.shark said:
Krill said:
daredevil.shark said:

BTW I did a TYPO. The order will be running at 1980 x 800.

BTW sometimes a "mistake" is a "straight out lie".

Damn, that's pretty sad when you get so twisted and biased that you can only believe the worst about one company and their managers just because they produce a console that you didn't choose. 

By the way, you made another 'mistake' about the res of The Order, or should I assume that was your intentional 'straight out lie'.

Ha ha ha. Lol. If you count that as a lie then its ok. Because I am not someone significant. At least I (unlike albert penallo) dont LIE in front of media and journalists.

Yeah, should have put a smiley at the end of that so my point was more clear. Just meant we all make mistakes, so no need to automatically assume it was an intentional lie.

kowenicki said:
Gotta deflect those games coming to Xbox ONE first somehow huh? How about we look at the game for what it is, rather than what it isn't for a change?

Cant wait to play this... luckily as a ONE owner I wont have to.

It'll be worth the wait, since I'll be playing it in full 1080p glory.    And probably with a few bits of exclusive content.

Mr Puggsly said:

Dead Rising 3 is an open world game, those generally aren't the most visually impressive games. Having hundreds of zombies on screen at once is also pretty taxing on resources.

I agree Dead Rising 3 doesn't look next gen... when you ignore what make that game a technical achievement. Simply put, you can't point to a more technically impressive open world game on consoles.

Infamous:SS says hello.  Also, 100s of zombies on screen isn't that impressive when they have very basic AI AND aren't all active at the same time.

@ OP

It is strange that this game isn't 1080p.  From the vids I have seen, this game doesn't exactly look graphically demanding, nor do the maps look incredibly large.  Just another game to add to the list of games that demonstrate the power difference, I guess.  And while some try to say only fanboys care about resolution and FPS performance, I think sales say otherwise.

Mad55 said:
Man the resolution talk is serious is see, jeeez!

The pixel wars are on!!!!!

but seriously, it seems like more people focus on resolution than the actual game itself. 

etking said:
If it cannot do native 1080p the X1 is not a real nextgen console and will compete with Wii U instead of PS4.

Aaaaand you think that's good for Sony? If by some PS fan miracle the XB1 is more comparable to the Wii U, developers will probably flock to the X1/Wii U and port up instead of porting down. The PS4 is powerful, but power isn't always a good thing. Also like others said the X1 can do Full HD and the Wii U can as well. 

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
kowenicki said:
Gotta deflect those games coming to Xbox ONE first somehow huh? How about we look at the game for what it is, rather than what it isn't for a change?

It'll be worth the wait, since I'll be playing it in full 1080p glory.    And probably with a few bits of exclusive content.

Mr Puggsly said:

Dead Rising 3 is an open world game, those generally aren't the most visually impressive games. Having hundreds of zombies on screen at once is also pretty taxing on resources.

I agree Dead Rising 3 doesn't look next gen... when you ignore what make that game a technical achievement. Simply put, you can't point to a more technically impressive open world game on consoles.

Infamous:SS says hello.  Also, 100s of zombies on screen isn't that impressive when they have very basic AI AND aren't all active at the same time.

@ OP

It is strange that this game isn't 1080p.  From the vids I have seen, this game doesn't exactly look graphically demanding, nor do the maps look incredibly large.  Just another game to add to the list of games that demonstrate the power difference, I guess.  And while some try to say only fanboys care about resolution and FPS performance, I think sales say otherwise.

Spot on.

thismeintiel said:
kowenicki said:

Mr Puggsly said:

@ OP

Not having competitive multiplayer or coop multi is more damaging to me. Also They are different games, I rather DR3 focus on the multiple costumes and vehicles variations and zombie variation than focus solely on beauty of the walls. People like games like DR3 and other people like games like Infamous. Graphics alone don't make a game fun, content does. Infamous has more graphics while DR3 has more content choose what you like.

It sounds very much like this problem isn't going to be solved by optimisation either:

Spencer was also asked to comment: "Is the amount of 900p games due to lack of time to optimize to 1080?"

To this he replied: "NO, I think you'll find over this generation games will use a variety of rez and framerates."

http://www.gamepur.com/news/13775-spencer-comments-lack-1080p-games-xbox-one-hints-sakaguchi-rpg-no-big-annou.html

The PS5 Exists. 

MS should but PixelJunk and 3d dot game heroes. They wont have to work too hard on getting the pixilated look.

edit: oh how did I forget minecraft

This post was moderated by axumblade

Mr Puggsly said:

What's your point?

That doesn't change the fact open world games are generally not the most visually impressive and there is no example of last gen games doing what DR3 did.

You added nothing relevant to the discussion.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)