By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SCEJ President: Japanese Developers Want to “Bet on PS4" due to High Sales in West

Kyuu said:
Goatseye said:
Where the eff were they when 360 was selling more in the West?
That's why I don't buy any of their ish but Platinum Games.

To name you few early Japanese Xbox exclusives:

Star Ocean 4, Tales of Vesperia, The Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, Lost Planet, Ninja Gaiden 2, Ace Combat 6, Beautiful Katamari, Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon.

Exactly. The japanese neglected the 360 so instead of games like the one you listed you get crap like RE5/6 trying to cater to the western audiences

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
RenCutypoison said:

Cave went 360.

But when it comes to J-RPG, none did great on 360

JRPG? Pft, Vanquish, Shenmue, something like Yakuza. Those stuff. Xbox is full of RPGs.

If Xbox is full of RPGs then why its selling just hundreds in Japan?

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Goatseye said:
RenCutypoison said:

Cave went 360.

But when it comes to J-RPG, none did great on 360

JRPG? Pft, Vanquish, Shenmue, something like Yakuza. Those stuff. Xbox is full of RPGs.

Xbox had more JRPGs then Xbox 360

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Kyuu said:
Goatseye said:

To name you few early Japanese Xbox exclusives:

Star Ocean 4, Tales of Vesperia, The Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, Lost Planet, Ninja Gaiden 2, Ace Combat 6, Beautiful Katamari, Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon.

This and the price is why i beleive the ps3 didn't do better in japan.

The Xbox 360 took or temporally took games from PS3.

Soriku said:
biglittlesps said:

If Xbox is full of RPGs then why its selling just hundreds in Japan?

Even if the 360 had many more RPGs the Japanese market still wouldn't care. They'd just wait until the game comes to a Sony console. See sales of Tales ports on PS3 for example.

Or just look at the difference between 360 and ps3 FFXIII's sales. Even in NA, ps3 version did better.

A good example of J-RPG that bombed on 360 is Blue Dragon. The game was great but is now long forgotten.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:

SHALL I LIST MORE??

Exactly 360 got more than its fair share of JP exclusives & games last gen. But none really helped it.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

LOL 360 got tons of JP games in the early days last gen especially in the JRPG department, it may of tailed of towards the end of the cycle a bit due to low 360 sales in Japan itself.

I was about to whoop out a list of JRPGs the 360 got early in its lifecycle, but people here got me covered already. This is why I love this site, so many like minded people who are educated and interested in Japanese games :)

I practically used my 360 as the JRPG box early on in the gen, but then it all switched over to the PS3 and I went with the support. I am expecting the Japanese dev support to transition over to the PS4 naturally, but I have a feeling Japanese devs will take a lot longer to make then transition from PS3 unlike the western devs. Oh well, I've got my PS3 handy, so I'll enjoy games like Persona 5 and the next tales on it.

5.3 million sold in 2.5 months, who wouldnt?