By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Japan launch CELEBRATION (It's here!) - Predictions closed!

NewGuy said:
These pics do not look encouraging...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101794421&postcount=558

If you look carefully at the stacked boxes, they are the ones without handles, which of course are just empty show cases.

Back to the OP... I thought first week was actually a week... gah.. I would expect 400k first two days... which I think is pretty good if they achieve that.

Oh and of course, how can we forget ordering online these days... just look at amazon UK/USA many were sold that way... 

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

Will post more when I'm not the only guy at an all girls party :P

Madword said:
NewGuy said:

If you look carefully at the stacked boxes, they are the ones without handles, which of course are just empty show cases.

Back to the OP... I thought first week was actually a week... gah.. I would expect 400k first two days... which I think is pretty good if they achieve that.

Oh and of course, how can we forget ordering online these days... just look at amazon UK/USA many were sold that way... 

I looked at those pics and tbh I think the posters full of it, the checkout picture is the returns counter, the other two pictures are the display stands outside.

Prob trying to downplay.

lucidium said:
Madword said:
NewGuy said:

I looked at those pics and tbh I think the posters full of it, the checkout picture is the returns counter, the other two pictures are the display stands outside.

Prob trying to downplay.

Dont see any reason to downplay it except for console loyalty.

They are launching in Japan. Japan may or may not care about consoles any more (we shall see) but anything they sell here (which I am certain is over 100k) will be more to add to the worldwide figure totals and increasing the gap to MS, and closing the gap to Nintendo. It's all good.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
lucidium said:
Madword said:
NewGuy said:

Prob trying to downplay.

Dont see any reason to downplay it except for console loyalty.

They are launching in Japan. Japan may or may not care about consoles any more (we shall see) but anything they sell here (which I am certain is over 100k) will be more to add to the worldwide figure totals and increasing the gap to MS, and closing the gap to Nintendo. It's all good.

He should probably take a picture of things that aren't the returns counter and the outdoor stands for his pictures then, because the stands outside in machida were empty but inside was jam packed

Around the Network

Is it realistic to expect launch day numbers from Famitsu today? Or does tomorrow or something seem more likely?

DerNebel said:
Is it realistic to expect launch day numbers from Famitsu today? Or does tomorrow or something seem more likely?

Monday.

Judging by unreliable sources it'll be at around 350-400k units sold.

375-400 looks fine to me.

JoeTheBro said:
I change my prediction to 150k!

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

That's the spirit!