By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Japan launch CELEBRATION (It's here!) - Predictions closed!

There is still hope guys. Remember.

The xbox one has yet to launch in japan

Around the Network
lucidium said:
So here we go.
http://i.imgur.com/VIhtuQn.jpg
Xbox section has been removed and used for ps4 items line, staff told me most of the stock went out this morning however they had plenty left, each person lining up to buy a console was given a paper card with a number, I bought another ps4 while there and a blue controller, the card I was handed was #488, there were at least 10 people behind me with cards and hand fulls of games and accessories too.
There were a lot of people buying games and accessories only so I assume those people ordered their consoles online
http://i.imgur.com/vgTF5gt.jpg
To the left is just accessories, the far wall and way right out of picture was the line, this is at 3pm.

Yay. I like orderly lines :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I meant to look around at several stores today, but only ended up making it to two.

At one of the local Edion stores (Best Buy-ish) with a smallish game department they had at least seven machines left at 5pm. At a local game store they had four machines that I could see around the same time.

The better gauge is the mega stores like Yodobashi or Bic Camera that have their systems clearly stacked behind the counter, but I didn't make it to any of those today.

What is still so striking to me is the insanely Western bend of the launch lineup.

The anecdotes the Gaffers are talking about aren't painting a very good picture for PS4. Either Sony drastically over shipped the hardware, or Japanese just don't care about home consoles anymore, period.

pezus said:
vfguy said:
I meant to look around at several stores today, but only ended up making it to two.

At one of the local Edion stores (Best Buy-ish) with a smallish game department they had at least seven machines left at 5pm. At a local game store they had four machines that I could see around the same time.

The better gauge is the mega stores like Yodobashi or Bic Camera that have their systems clearly stacked behind the counter, but I didn't make it to any of those today.

What is still so striking to me is the insanely Western bend of the launch lineup.

It is always like that. Vita, PS3, PS2 all had the same "problem". 

Err...neither the PS1 nor the PS2 had a single Western-developed game in its Japanese launch lineup and the PS3 had one (Resistance).

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:

The anecdotes the Gaffers are talking about aren't painting a very good picture for PS4. Either Sony drastically over shipped the hardware, or Japanese just don't care about home consoles anymore, period.

There's only 2 so far. And one of them said his store was sold out, albeit slower than he would have thought.

If the 350k is not accurate ignore the following:

It sounds like he is basing his estimates by shipments to brick and mortar stores. Remember guys, online shopping has exploded within the last 7 years

vfguy said:

It's sad, it used to be that many Japanese developed games did well both there and in the West, and though there are a few that still manage it (Resident Evil, MGS, Final Fantasy), many have gone solely to the Western side (Devil May Cry for example) or just stopped (like Onimusha). It would've been nice if Capcom would have got Dragon's Dogma 2 out for launch window as it would do well both sides of the world. Dark Souls 2 on PS4 would have done alright as well...

Max King of the Wild said:
If the 350k is not accurate ignore the following:

It sounds like he is basing his estimates by shipments to brick and mortar stores. Remember guys, online shopping has exploded within the last 7 years

That will be the key imho. I dont think people care for queuing up as much as they did. I know at certain places in the UK etc there were long queues, but a large proportion got theirs from Amazon etc.

Question is, how big is internet shopping in Japan?

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

How many PS4 do you guys think will be sold in Japan by the end of the fiscal year?