By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Japan launch CELEBRATION (It's here!) - Predictions closed!

lucidium said:
NewGuy said:
lucidium said:
In machida right now and everywhere I looks there's peeps carrying freshly bought it ps4s

Do you see PS4s in store?

I'm not in the store that has them yet will let you know in a bit

So you're saying my 150k figure sounds a wee bit low?

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
lucidium said:
NewGuy said:
lucidium said:
In machida right now and everywhere I looks there's peeps carrying freshly bought it ps4s

Well, its not a clear indicator of course but in the 100 or so meters between the station and this cafe I've seen 40+ people carrying them, and where I am is about 5 min walk from the store.

lucidium said:
JoeTheBro said:

Well, its not a clear indicator of course but in the 100 or so meters between the station and this cafe I've seen 40+ people carrying them, and where I am is about 5 min walk from the store.

Less than 149,960 to go!

But seriously though I have no clue what the demand is like over there. I estimated that figure would be 150k just using stats and variables from western launches and the PS3. That number just feels so low though!

Usually I'm at least confident in my predictions, but this launch could do anything. I'm eagerly awaiting numbers or any data one way or another. Thanks for the posts!

I see a post in neogaf about one store had 3.5 more ps4 shipped then ps3 at launch
Ps3 sold 90k and i think it was sold out if we multiply it by 3.5 it make close to 350k so i don't think 350k shipment it's true

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

small44 said:
I see a post in neogaf about one store had 3.5 more ps4 shipped then ps3 at launch
Ps3 sold 90k and i think it was sold out if we multiply it by 3.5 it make close to 350k so i don't think 350k shipment it's true

it would be 315k (still close)

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
small44 said:

They say at most 350k

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

tbone51 said:
small44 said:

I think it's ok in this case to round lol. Plus you're wrong too. It'd be 304k with the correct 87k figure.

These pics do not look encouraging...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101794421&postcount=558

lucidium said:
JoeTheBro said:
lucidium said:
NewGuy said:
lucidium said:

Need Pics and eyewitness confirmation NAO!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

So here we go.
http://i.imgur.com/VIhtuQn.jpg
Xbox section has been removed and used for ps4 items line, staff told me most of the stock went out this morning however they had plenty left, each person lining up to buy a console was given a paper card with a number, I bought another ps4 while there and a blue controller, the card I was handed was #488, there were at least 10 people behind me with cards and hand fulls of games and accessories too.
There were a lot of people buying games and accessories only so I assume those people ordered their consoles online
http://i.imgur.com/vgTF5gt.jpg
To the left is just accessories, the far wall and way right out of picture was the line, this is at 3pm.