By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Japan launch CELEBRATION (It's here!) - Predictions closed!

ps4 is a much  less expensive then ps3 and it has a better launch line up

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

I heard there were fake cheers on the broadcast. Can anybody tell me why they needed fake cheers to sell the PS4. I mean...everybody wants one already why do you need to put in cheers?

pokymon90 said:
I heard there were fake cheers on the broadcast. Can anybody tell me why they needed fake cheers to sell the PS4. I mean...everybody wants one already why do you need to put in cheers?

They were horribly fake and used every 30 seconds, yeah. They were probably used because the studio they filmed could fit maybe 40 people from what I could see on the stream. Plus Japanese people aren't exactly known for making any kind of enthusiastic noise. Like, ever.

I guess it was obnoxious fake cheering or deathly silence (not sure which is better!).

small44 said:

ps4 is a much  less expensive then ps3 and it has a better launch line up

That's not the problem, supply is. Seems like they shipped only 350k for launch. Although is enough to surpass Wii u's launch and WW sales :D

You predict 150k it's half of the shipment.

I don't think the 350k shipment it's true.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

I wouldn't see why they wouldn't have at least 500k waiting in Japan. Unless they're just that obsessively conservative then 250k, but I would have no less than 500k if it was me.

In machida right now and everywhere I looks there's peeps carrying freshly bought it ps4s

I'm really not buying that 350k number considering Sony shipped 700k for the Vita launch. They must have shipped at least 500k.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

lucidium said:
In machida right now and everywhere I looks there's peeps carrying freshly bought it ps4s

Do you see PS4s in store?

Fusioncode said:
I'm really not buying that 350k number considering Sony shipped 700k for the Vita launch. They must have shipped at least 500k.

Apparently it's from someone credible from GAF.

NewGuy said:
lucidium said:

Do you see PS4s in store?

Fusioncode said:

Apparently it's from someone credible from GAF.

I'm not in the store that has them yet will let you know in a bit