By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why do XB1 game cases not list the resolution on the back?

Tagged games:

What's up with this?

MS is trying to manipulate people 99 78.57%

Resolution doesn't matter 17 13.49%

They forgot 10 7.94%

Total:126
ironmanDX said:
They all output at 1080. That's why.

We already know that's not true, and so what even if it was? Every PS4 game (besides 2 apparently) does 1080p, and it's on their cases clear as day.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network

They're all scaled to 1080p or whatever you set it to for your TV. They never listed the native resolution which is what people clamor about.

Not this again. We already had one of these a few months back. It was as silly back then as it is now.
Unless this is a joke thread. No one puts the native resolution on the back of the cases. Also it differs from game to game which resolutions are listed on the back.

ACIV for example lists all resolutions from 480 to 1080. Then there are PS3 games that list only 720p and then there are PS3 games that even list 1080p.
Those have nothing to do with the quality. Those are just for the compatibility with your TV.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Barozi said:
DialgaMarine said:

At least not obviously anyways. I was bored and was looking at my roommates copies of BF4, CoD:G, and NBA2K14, and noticed something interesting about all 3; none of them list the game's resolution. If I were to take a PS4 game case, or even PS3/ 360/ Xbox/ Wii-U for that matter, I would see clear as day the resolution that the game runs. Why not on an XBone case? I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but it's the first I've personally noticed it. It's kindof a big deal, considering that is something that people looking to purchase games, especially multiplats, will check out. Is Microsoft expecting people to just assume it's 1080p, or do they have something else in mind for doing this? I just found this interesting.

It simply doesn't matter.

It's not like it displays the native resolution anyway.

Yeah that's true, the PS3 and 360 boxes do just say Supported Video Output instead of the acutal resolution of the game.

DialgaMarine said:
ironmanDX said:

We already know that's not true, and so what even if it was? Every PS4 game (besides 2 apparently) does 1080p, and it's on their cases clear as day.

http://cdn3-www.playstationlifestyle.net/assets/uploads/2013/11/PS4INS2.jpg

As you can see. The ps4 cases just listed the supported output and not true resolution and only bother listing 1080p. So microsoft could have done the same thing and just said everything has 1080p output as well but just chose not to. Can we stop grasping at straws now.

Around the Network

We have this thread every month since launch. You can set your watch by it.

ironmanDX said:

Should have been first post.

To save money. Less letters and figures to print on the back.

DialgaMarine said:
ironmanDX said:

It is true though.  You're buying into the native resolution crap that has been going on ever since gamers first figured out the PS3 and Xbox 360 couldn't run every game at 1080p 60FPS like the companies once mooted they would.  Ultimately developers make the most appropriate trade offs for their game.

But every game released on Xbox One and PS4 so far can and does output from the console to the television in 1080p where appropriate, using a scaler.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

tell you one thing though, I like the Xbox1 cases better than P.S.4 ones which seem much cheaper

Xbox1 cases has engraved logo whilst P.S.4 really are Shitty

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...