By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why do XB1 game cases not list the resolution on the back?

Tagged games:

What's up with this?

MS is trying to manipulate people 99 78.57%

Resolution doesn't matter 17 13.49%

They forgot 10 7.94%

Total:126
adriane23 said:
Maybe they just don't want to mislead gamers anymore by putting 1080P on their cases and they definitely don't want to put 720P on the back. Their best option then is to not have the resolution on there.

This.  Putting the output resolution would at this point bring them bad PR, because it would be seen as actively misleading,

Printing the internal rendering resolution would just be hyping their own short comings. 

Either way is just free advertisement for PS4's performance advantage, with superior experience in multiplatforms.

Keeping silent is their best tactic.

Around the Network

Does anyone actually look at the resolution info on game boxes when they are there? I sure as hell don't.

lucidium said:
Does anyone actually look at the resolution info on game boxes when they are there? I sure as hell don't.

I guess so lol.

me shopping:

"well I guess I'll get the ps4 version...............again"

Why did I buy a bone again?????

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

mutantsushi said:
adriane23 said:
Maybe they just don't want to mislead gamers anymore by putting 1080P on their cases and they definitely don't want to put 720P on the back. Their best option then is to not have the resolution on there.

This.  Putting the output resolution would at this point bring them bad PR, because it would be seen as actively misleading,

Printing the internal rendering resolution would just be hyping their own short comings. 

Either way is just free advertisement for PS4's performance advantage, with superior experience in multiplatforms.

Keeping silent is their best tactic.

Every game on Xbox 360 (Since Gears) and Xbox One outputs in 1080p. Native resolution isn't something put on game cases. Upscaled or not, the output resolution is for 1080p TVs.

jlmurph2 said:

Every game on Xbox 360 (Since Gears) and Xbox One outputs in 1080p. Native resolution isn't something put on game cases. Upscaled or not, the output resolution is for 1080p TVs.

Thanks for the clarification Aaron.
:P

Around the Network
FrontlineJaguar said:
@Barozi can u update xbla sales thread.
and send me the link please

link is: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=142482
but there hasn't been anything to update since last month. I can only update something when I see new info and that wasn't really the case this month.
Unless you have something to share of course *cough*

10 months ago I can asure you that more tha half of the people sworming vg forums didn´t know or didn´t care about 1080p vs 720p vs 792o vs 900p...

and why do we need resolutions to be put on cases again?