By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why do XB1 game cases not list the resolution on the back?

Tagged games:

What's up with this?

MS is trying to manipulate people 99 78.57%

Resolution doesn't matter 17 13.49%

They forgot 10 7.94%

Total:126

At least not obviously anyways. I was bored and was looking at my roommates copies of BF4, CoD:G, and NBA2K14, and noticed something interesting about all 3; none of them list the game's resolution. If I were to take a PS4 game case, or even PS3/ 360/ Xbox/ Wii-U for that matter, I would see clear as day the resolution that the game runs. Why not on an XBone case? I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but it's the first I've personally noticed it. It's kindof a big deal, considering that is something that people looking to purchase games, especially multiplats, will check out. Is Microsoft expecting people to just assume it's 1080p, or do they have something else in mind for doing this? I just found this interesting.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network

Where exactly can I find the game's resolution on my Wii U game cases?

Who buys disc now a day... It's to save ink lol
no idea really I've gone DD this Gen and will never look back.... But interesting to know... Do you know the f it's only for third parties or also 1st party games are the same... It'd be interesting to know...

Considering that many multiplats are inferior resolution wise on the XB1 vs the PS4, I don't think MS is too eager to admit or show that.

They all output at 1080. That's why.

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

cant find it on pikmin 3 box

DialgaMarine said:

At least not obviously anyways. I was bored and was looking at my roommates copies of BF4, CoD:G, and NBA2K14, and noticed something interesting about all 3; none of them list the game's resolution. If I were to take a PS4 game case, or even PS3/ 360/ Xbox/ Wii-U for that matter, I would see clear as day the resolution that the game runs. Why not on an XBone case? I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but it's the first I've personally noticed it. It's kindof a big deal, considering that is something that people looking to purchase games, especially multiplats, will check out. Is Microsoft expecting people to just assume it's 1080p, or do they have something else in mind for doing this? I just found this interesting.

It simply doesn't matter.

It's not like it displays the native resolution anyway.

b/c there all 1080

dont matter b/c there not accurate last gen games were below 720p but the box said 1080

Play Me

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

I'm probably wrong about that. I just assumed because Nintendo mentions the resolution of their games quite frequently.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

BHR-3 said:
b/c there all 1080

dont matter b/c there not accurate last gen games were below 720p but the box said 1080

it is accurate since the number only claims the output resolution, which is correct since the 360 is able to upscale all games to 1080p.
Also you're not going to find any game that only says "1080p".