By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Calling it now: Mario Kart 8 will flop! Vita will rise!

Tagged games:

Mario Kart 8 will flop, Vita will rise!

Yup, MK8 will flop hard! 71 16.44%

You wish Anfebious! 361 83.56%

Total:432

Does Anfebious write for Polygon..?

Around the Network
snowdog said:

Wouldn't be surprised.

Andddddddddddddddddddddddddddd, another one bites the dust.

Everyone and their pet hamsters were waiting on something to play on their Wii-U.

Anfebious said:
Seems like I was completely off in my prediction... on my defense... there where 59 people that agreed with me!

Haha. Dude, you have my upmost respect for not ingnoring your thread when it turns out to be such an epic fail... as so many others do.

Personally 500k FIRST WEEK was about what I expected but never thought 1.2m in a weekend was possible.

A LOT of people probably lost bets today.

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
Seems like I was completely off in my prediction... on my defense... there where 59 people that agreed with me!

Eh... there is no defense for that prediction that doesn't involve drugs or paint chips.  At the time of the prediction the game had 50k preorders in the US alone.  Pikmin 3's FW sales with launches aligned was over 200K.  You predicted that Mario Kart 8 would sell less than Pikmin 3 FW.  There are no words.

JWeinCom said:
Anfebious said:

Eh... there is no defense for that prediction that doesn't involve drugs or paint chips.  At the time of the prediction the game had 50k preorders in the US alone.  Pikmin 3's FW sales with launches aligned was over 200K.  You predicted that Mario Kart 8 would sell less than Pikmin 3 FW.  There are no words.

His tactic was to undershot MK FW and now look impressed by its numbers.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

RolStoppable said:
Anfebious said:

No, just no.

In your defense, you hadn't passed your math exam back then, so you weren't in a position to make a credible prediction.

funny

This just goes to show you. Never underestimate the power of the Kart.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

snowdog said:

LOL, or is he related to Michael Pachter and studying to be a weatherman?