By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - OPM UK hinting at something really big

the-pi-guy said:
Munkeh111 said:

So I would assume the studio is split into 3:

1. Stig lead team working on new IP

2. Cory Barlog's team working on that new game (a long way out)

3. Assistance for smaller devs, RaD and smaller indies

Given wikipedia says they have 220+ employees vs ~250 Naughty Dogs, I don't think they can be working on two AAA games at the same time. ie, it's God of War or new space IP

Not necessarily.  Fallout 3 was made by about 70 people and skyrim was supposed to be by around 100.  And 85 for Uncharted 2, just have to consider time to work on a project.  So, 3 teams is not unbelievable, probably two.  But I wouldnt be surprised in the least if they had 3 teams.  I'd be a little surprised, but not very,  

There was Stig and Todd Papy, then Cory announced he was putting together a new team, then I think 3 months later, Todd dropped it.  

Next-gen consoles take a lot more manpower, so I think 2 is pushing it. For their first game, I think they'd only be focusing on 1 at a time. So maybe they have 1 full team and then 2 half teams (like Barlog's team) and then their indie workers.

Let's wait and see what they announce. I would be very surprised if they were in full development of 2 PS4 games right now. Let's not forget, God of War Ascension only came out a year ago

Around the Network

I wish it would be Legend Of Dragoon :(

If its Titanfall the Xbox One is as good as fucked in America until Halo and Gears come out.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
If its Titanfall the Xbox One is as good as fucked in America until Halo and Gears come out.

not gonna happen

AndrewWK said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

not gonna happen

Had a feeling, I am just saying though, its a very addictive game and MS is heavily dependent on it especially when it comes to keeping it away from the Playstation brand. Hopefully this new game is exclusive and really big. Sony has some awesome games coming out this year but they need that one heavy hitter who can take the crown for the year. Much like the Last of Us the Order seems to be in the same vein and hopefully they will be the third hattrick for TPS games. Sony now owns the TPS genre by far. Uncharted, The last of Us and the Order are looking to be the most dominant TPS titles so far unless the Division has something to say about it.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

It is time.

Why you gotta do that? ;(

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Obviously it's Zelda for PS4.

Its gotta be Crash I think, and probably slated to come out this Holiday.

Sony has an agreement ala CoD Declassified for Vita. Activision will lend out license for IP as long as Sony fully funds and develops the title themselves and they get a cut.

Sanzaru Games/Some other 1st/2nd Party studio is working on the title with at least 1 person from the original Crash development team helping it along.

Exclusivity........obviously. Sony MIGHT actually fully own this game, with the chance Activision 'lied" saying that they still did because the ink was not yet dry on this deal. The series would SO be worth bringing back to Playstation. This would also explain more about Insomniacs almost complete detachement from PS line these days, knowing Sony is about to bring back their arch nemesis series, they wanted to be somewhere where the competition would not be so tough.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

I'd buy a PS4 immediately for a new Naughty Dog made Crash. I have a feeling it's gonna be something we all already know about though, like UC4.

I am hoping that it is a new Crash game, but my hopes are probably going to crash into the ground once again.. I guess I should just move on..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---