By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Nintendo studio can make a multiplayer FPS game in a scale of COD and hype like Titan Fall?

Tagged games:

Which studio should make a Nintendo FPS?

EAD Tokyo 6 3.43%

EAD starfox team (or whatever EAD it is) 8 4.57%

"Zelda Team" 2 1.14%

Smash Bro and Kid Icarus Team 16 9.14%

Retro Studios 127 72.57%

"Mario Kart Team" 5 2.86%

GameFreak (Pokemon) 4 2.29%

Monolith because of mechas in X! 7 4.00%

Total:175

Retro Studios can handle any genre Nintendo wants. It's just a matter of giving them the budget to do so and maybe hiring or insourcing 20-30 extra staff which is no problem for a company.

Nintendo is BIGGER than Activision or EA, lets not forget that.

That's not the issue for Nintendo. They issue is simply they don't want to make those types of games.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Retro Studios can handle any genre Nintendo wants. It's just a matter of giving them the budget to do so and maybe hiring or insourcing 20-30 extra staff which is no problem for a company.

Nintendo is BIGGER than Activision or EA, lets not forget that.

That's not the issue for Nintendo. They issue is simply they don't want to make those types of games.

Yep they have proven there worth with a first person exploration game and a side scrolling platformer, vastly different genres. They're kinda like Naughty Dog in a way that no matter what type of game they put out, its pretty safe to assume it will be great.

But ya Nintendo needs to branch out and make some new ips in genres they arent known for. A FPS, western RPG, sandbox style action, racing sim, and if EA isnt gonna help them out then they should make there own sports line.

Nintendo has a hard time supporting two platforms at once, especially now that dev costs/time have increased compared to Wii/DS. Thats ehy I hope a Nintendo home/handheld hybrid is coming, 2 platforms running the same software. That would free up many of the devs from having to make 2 seperate versions of all the key franchises which in turn could open the door for new ip. Nintendo cant support 2 platforms on there own but supporting one isnt out of the question plus it would have all the Japanese 3rd party support there handhelds are use to getting and Ubisoft/Activision/Warner Bros would still likely support them.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Retro.

None of the japanese studios "get it" when it comes to FPS games.

I LOVE ICELAND!

In terms of gameplay, Retro, in terms of social aspects, Game Freak, in terms of multiplayer, Sora. Perhaps a special collaboration?

None. FPS and Nintendo don't mix. At least not since N64. The shooter fan has well and truly migrated to Xb and PS on consoles. Don't even bother trying to get them back because as CoD and Halo wane, Titanfall and Destiny will rise.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

None of them ever should (not even Retro); instead have third parties handle some of Nintendo's dormant IPs, and reintroduce them as 3rd and 1st person action games (Hogans Alley, Mach Rider, Gumshoe) as well as a 3D beat em up (Urban Champion) and revive the Nintendo Sports line (not the Mario or Wii Sports, we're talking more of a simulation style)

This kinda could be what they're open to doing, as they've opened up to licensing their characters, and are considering Mergers/Acquisitions. (go after them western devs, Nintendo)

What "scale" are you referring to in COD?

I'd like to say Retro like many of the people here... But the fact simply stands that Retro hasn't been creating uniquely different games for the past few years, particulary after Metroid Prime.
As a first party developer, I don't feel that they do anything outside of what would have still been possible within the realms of an in-house design team (like EAD).

I'd love to be proven differently. At the moment, I stand by this.

I voted Smash team, because it's an intense multiplayer focused game. It's also a solid fighter in its own right and is very carefully tweaked. Given how Sakurai played with the fighter genre to create something new and very 'Nintendo', I think he'd be a good choice to try and do the same for the dudebro genre.

I think they'd definitely need help on the networking side, so maybe Sakurai heading up the MK team would be a good fit.

Girlfriend says she'd like Zelda team to do the story mode...

Mystro-Sama said:
What "scale" are you referring to in COD?

20 million sales of this new Nintendo FPS game.