By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Nintendo studio can make a multiplayer FPS game in a scale of COD and hype like Titan Fall?

Tagged games:

Which studio should make a Nintendo FPS?

EAD Tokyo 6 3.43%

EAD starfox team (or whatever EAD it is) 8 4.57%

"Zelda Team" 2 1.14%

Smash Bro and Kid Icarus Team 16 9.14%

Retro Studios 127 72.57%

"Mario Kart Team" 5 2.86%

GameFreak (Pokemon) 4 2.29%

Monolith because of mechas in X! 7 4.00%

Total:175
DialgaMarine said:
zorg1000 said:
DialgaMarine said:
Too obvious. Retro Studios has the most experience making FPSs with the Metroid Prime series. Another odd, but possible, option could be Nintendo buys Rare from Microsoft, fixes it somehow, and then have them do one. Rare did after all make 2 of the most legendary FPS titles ever for the N64..

Rare is not the same Rare that made Goldeneye/Perfect Dark, its made up of completely different people. So putting them in charge of a FPS wouldnt somehow make them become the great developer from the 90s.

That's why I'm saying Nintendo could fix them. If Nintendo bought them, and gave them back their creative freedom, the old talent that left originally might come back to help the studio return to it's glory.

Idk I just dont see the point in buying back a studio thats a shell of its former self with the hope that maybe, just maybe some of the old talent will return. They would be better off creating a new studio or buying one that is actually worth paying for.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

If you look at COD's sales numbers you will see that FPS are not in high demand in Nintendo consoles. so why bother

zorg1000 said:
DialgaMarine said:
zorg1000 said:
DialgaMarine said:
Too obvious. Retro Studios has the most experience making FPSs with the Metroid Prime series. Another odd, but possible, option could be Nintendo buys Rare from Microsoft, fixes it somehow, and then have them do one. Rare did after all make 2 of the most legendary FPS titles ever for the N64..

Rare is not the same Rare that made Goldeneye/Perfect Dark, its made up of completely different people. So putting them in charge of a FPS wouldnt somehow make them become the great developer from the 90s.

That's why I'm saying Nintendo could fix them. If Nintendo bought them, and gave them back their creative freedom, the old talent that left originally might come back to help the studio return to it's glory.

Idk I just dont see the point in buying back a studio thats a shell of its former self with the hope that maybe, just maybe some of the old talent will return. They would be better off creating a new studio or buying one that is actually worth paying for.

That's true, I guess. Rare was just the golden age of games on Nintendo consoles. Anything they touched up until MS bought them and destroyed them was gold. I just wish they could come back to their glory. So much nostalgia in the past because of them... And yes, I'm one of the people who enjoyed Starfox Adventures.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

DialgaMarine said:
zorg1000 said:
DialgaMarine said:
zorg1000 said:
DialgaMarine said:

That's true, I guess. Rare was just the golden age of games on Nintendo consoles. Anything they touched up until MS bought them and destroyed them was gold. I just wish they could come back to their glory. So much nostalgia in the past because of them... And yes, I'm one of the people who enjoyed Starfox Adventures.

I enjoyed Star Fox Adventures too, I would love to see a sequel on Wii U.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
DialgaMarine said:
zorg1000 said:
DialgaMarine said:
zorg1000 said:
DialgaMarine said:

Definitely. More guns and space combat added to the formula would be welcome.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network

Nintendo can make any game in any genre they want to for any budget they want to.

The question really is whether they are interested or not ... and the answer right now is no.

If they were going to go this route then Retro would be the natural choice unless they were going in with a different studio they aren't partnered with at all right now. 

DialgaMarine said:
zorg1000 said:
DialgaMarine said:
zorg1000 said:
DialgaMarine said:
zorg1000 said:
DialgaMarine said:

Definitely. More guns and space combat added to the formula would be welcome.

A nice blend of Star Fox 64 & Adventures would be great. Assault seemed to try going in that direction but the execution was off. Since Retro is pretty much the "revive old franchise" team and Star Fox is do for a return, maybe they will work on it next.

None of them. I want Nintendo to make online multiplayer, but they need to make a completely new team for it, because none of their current teams could do it. I want to see TPS multiplayer for Metroid and Star Fox, but they'd need new teams working on it along with the core teams. They need teams experienced with online multiplayer.

Retro Studios + Platinum Games + New Team for multiplayer (Destiny like and Gears of War like) = Awesome.

Don't really care who does it... Nintendo NEEDS a FPS for the west

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

zorg1000 said:
I would say Retro. So far they have only been able to resurrect old games (they have done a great job, Prime is my favorite game of all time) but they are so talented that they need a chance to try something on there own, I would be Interested In them making a FPS or western RPG.

You are so right, they are very talented, and I too wish Nintendo would unleash them.... I bet they could come up with something fresh and exciting, exactly what Nintendo needs. A new first person shooter that's story based, like a bio shock type of game, and let them play around with an online multiplayer to kind of get their feet wet... I actually wish Nintendo would unleash themselves.. They are being way too safe...  Break out and do something big and risky, that alone would garner major attention. Hey, I can dream, right?....