By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Nintendo studio can make a multiplayer FPS game in a scale of COD and hype like Titan Fall?

Tagged games:

Which studio should make a Nintendo FPS?

EAD Tokyo 6 3.43%

EAD starfox team (or whatever EAD it is) 8 4.57%

"Zelda Team" 2 1.14%

Smash Bro and Kid Icarus Team 16 9.14%

Retro Studios 127 72.57%

"Mario Kart Team" 5 2.86%

GameFreak (Pokemon) 4 2.29%

Monolith because of mechas in X! 7 4.00%

Total:175
the_dengle said:
By the way, Nintendo has already made an online first-person shooter. It's called Steel Diver: Sub Wars, and no one has realized yet that this is the fabled Nintendo/Miyamoto FPS because no one has actually played it.

I would try it if I hadn't left my 3DS at the opposite coast of where I currently dorm. But regardless, is it in the scale of COD?

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
I guess Retro, they're exprienced in shooters and all that, but the Prime games didn't have mass appeal like titanfall looks to have.
Though what would it be like if The KIU team made an FPS? It'd probably be T-rated and could have potential since most shooters are rated M.

Can you imagine a E3 trailer that starts off with "A Nintendo developed FPS... FROM THE SMASH BROS TEAM x RETRO"?  

Many heads would roll.

t3mporary_126 said:

Can you imagine a E3 trailer that starts off with "A Nintendo developed FPS... FROM THE SMASH BROS TEAM x RETRO"?  

Many heads would roll.

"A Nintendo developed FPS... developed by Bandai-Namco and a studio in Texas!!!"

t3mporary_126 said:
the_dengle said:
By the way, Nintendo has already made an online first-person shooter. It's called Steel Diver: Sub Wars, and no one has realized yet that this is the fabled Nintendo/Miyamoto FPS because no one has actually played it.

I would try it if I hadn't left my 3DS at the opposite coast of where I currently dorm. But regardless, is it in the scale of COD?

YEAH.

I think you know the answer to that.

the answer is easily 0. Nintendo do not have the research or experience in the field for such an undertaking. they need to start small and work into it. I wouldn't look for anything on that level this generation unfortunately. If they want a game like that, they're going to have to pay a 3rd party a lot of money.

the_dengle said:
t3mporary_126 said:

Many heads would roll.

"A Nintendo developed FPS... developed by Bandai-Namco and a studio in Texas!!!"

... Well know you know why I choose those specific words!

And apparently no one wants a Nintendo FPS game develped by the team who made Mario Galaxy lol

Around the Network

Perhaps they could get Platinum Games. Those guys know how to get good resolution and framerate out of the U.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Too obvious. Retro Studios has the most experience making FPSs with the Metroid Prime series. Another odd, but possible, option could be Nintendo buys Rare from Microsoft, fixes it somehow, and then have them do one. Rare did after all make 2 of the most legendary FPS titles ever for the N64..

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

DialgaMarine said:
Too obvious. Retro Studios has the most experience making FPSs with the Metroid Prime series. Another odd, but possible, option could be Nintendo buys Rare from Microsoft, fixes it somehow, and then have them do one. Rare did after all make 2 of the most legendary FPS titles ever for the N64..

Rare is not the same Rare that made Goldeneye/Perfect Dark, its made up of completely different people. So putting them in charge of a FPS wouldnt somehow make them become the great developer from the 90s.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I would say Retro. So far they have only been able to resurrect old games (they have done a great job, Prime is my favorite game of all time) but they are so talented that they need a chance to try something on there own, I would be Interested In them making a FPS or western RPG.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
DialgaMarine said:

Rare is not the same Rare that made Goldeneye/Perfect Dark, its made up of completely different people. So putting them in charge of a FPS wouldnt somehow make them become the great developer from the 90s.

That's why I'm saying Nintendo could fix them. If Nintendo bought them, and gave them back their creative freedom, the old talent that left originally might come back to help the studio return to it's glory.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon