By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what is the most glitchy/buggy game u ever played?

adriane23 said:
aviggo77 said:
adriane23 said:
A tie between Oblivion and Alpha Protocol.

its just more buggy.but u can fix most of them with pc ~commands

Around the Network

Dead Island

Mass Effect on Xbox 360. Remember getting a lot of clipping issues with the game.

what is the most glitchy/buggy features packed game u ever played?

Not counting some shoddilly made crap like Action 52, yeah, Skyrim takes the cake for buggiest fucking game I've ever played in my life. Sure, there's something like Superman 64, but the difference is, that game was a rushed, unfinished, meandering piece of crap, a licensed game where the publisher didn't give the developer enough time to even bother trying to make a decent game. Skyrim had years, and in general Bethesda's games tend to be very, VERY buggy. At least their modern ones. I understand, "it's a huge world, how do you expect them to find every bug?". Well, the answer to that one is pretty simple actually: hire more fucking people to test it.

Seriously, for all the time and money they pour into Elder Scrolls development, you'd think they could find and iron out a lot more bugs than they leave in. And honestly, Bethesda embodies that modern Western approach to development: "Oh hell, we'll just ship it as is, and if people find bugs, we'll patch it as we go......maybe." Don't get me wrong, I played a lot of Skyrim, and for the most part I enjoyed myself. But there really isn't much of an excuse for a game that has literally over a hundred glitches and bugs, some of them quest or even game-breaking (meaning I have to go back to an old save). That's just plain retarded. And there were times when the bugs that would pop up genuinely did detract from my enjoyment.

Around the Network

XCom

skyrim and banjo tooie

The original xcom, crashed on more often than I had hot meals back then lol. Skyrim I was lucky never had many in 100 plus hours, but I did not have the ps3 edition thankfully.

Proud owner of Ps4/3ds xl/pc/vita/wii u and others.

Gamer till I die

aviggo77 said:
Locknuts said:
COD Ghosts on PC.

i dont think so

Yup. It is.

The last of Us had more game breaking bugs and glitches than any other game I have played. Had to restart / replay the game 6 separate times.

Lost my save on two occasions, probably 2 hours in total lost. The game wouldn't allow me to proceed on two further occasions (financial district) and towards the end of the game, the enemies in the entire tunnel sequence would not load, meaning I was left without crucial gameplay moments.